eye trouble

milliefleur

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Danville PA
sad.png
i have a oegb milli fleur that has a problem with her one eye. i don't know if she got pecked by one of the others or what. but her eye is pushed in some and is weeping. i think she can see a little cause when i try to look at it she closes her eyelid. is there anything i can do to help it heal? i don't think she is in pain. well she don't ask like it. but she is more friendly and more relaxed. i have a pic but you will have a hard time seeing it but i took one any way if you want to see it let me know and i will upload it.

Get some eye wash or sterile saline solution and wash her eye out and then apply some antibiotic opthalmic ointment like Terramycin.
Make sure you don't use anything with steroids in it in case it's scratched on the cornea because that will make it worse.
Keep the ointment in the eye 2 to 3 times daily for 7 to 10 days.

How did this turn out? Its weird but I read your post and the next day my Shirley girl's eye looked just like yours. I have been treating her with sulfadimethoxidine in her water and terramycin medicated feed. Havent noticed an improvement but its only been one day. I have been flushing the eye with saline also hoping if it is just something irritating the eye, i could flush it out. Her eye is still swollen. She kinda opens it every now and then. Hope you are having better luck than me.

Quote:
the swelling has gone downs some but not a hole lot. she seems to be using it a little better than she did. i think it is helpin, but its not something that will heal over night. i also put her in with my d'uccle hen and oegb hen that are only 10 weeks old and they get a long really well. the other mille fleur oegb hen and rooster can be a little rough at times. it thought it would be safer and better for the healing process not bing with them for a little. just give it a few days and it should start to look better.

Back
Top Bottom