Eyeglasses Question...for those of you who wear glasses

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I've had glasses once before. I was in 6th grade. I got them to help the muscles in my eyes "focus" better. Apparently, the problem never went away...I just didn't have to look down at my paper, then focus on the blackboard any longer.

Recently, I've noticed that I'll be looking at something and all of a sudden, it will shift out of focus. Then I get a pain in the front part of my head. The blurriness goes away after a few blinks, but the headache stays with me for hours. I went to the doc and apparently there's a "prism" in my eye. It causes one eye to focus normal, while the other eye doesn't focus on the same thing. I have to concentrate to make the eye focus on the same thing. When it does, my vision is normal, but when it doesn't my vision blurs. It's what's causing the headaches.

Does anyone else have this "prism" problem? Do you have to wear glasses every day? The doc said that if the prism were any worse, I'd be seeing double of everything. It caught me off guard because I DID see double of some things when I took a quick glance at something. Kind of disconcerting realizing that nobody else was seeing what you were seeing.

I've never been told I have a prism in my eye but I do have a slight misalignment in my weak eye that results in double vision. My prescription has a prism in it. I have reached the stage in life where I wear glasses everyday. I was able to avoid it until about 9 years ago.

I wear glasses everyday. I had a similar problem. Years ago they told me to excerise the eye muscle on a pencil, as I pulled it away and closer. Well, it never really made any improvement. I had to start wearing glasses about 9 years ago. My close up vision went first, and my far vision started going. I wasn't able to read road signs, etc. Oddly, since I started wearing the glasses I haven't had the focus problem since.
I'm supposed to get bi focals next, but I'm hoping to try contacts lenses.

Bluemoon

I wear glasses all the time and have for years, for nearsightedness. I also have a problem with "visual migraines". Every once in a while I will see flashing lights in the peripheral vision, usually of just one eye. There can also be a shift which makes it seem like I'm looking at the world through a piece of cracked glass; everything I look at is misaligned. Again this is usually in just one eye. It usually lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to about five minutes, and is not associated with any pain, but two opthamologists have said they are migraines. Apparently migraines can happen with or without the pain and nausea suffered by many.

Go to a costume store an get an eye patch. I ware my glasses most of the time but they are a pain to work in. Covering the bad eye fixes the issue. I can see the TV across the room just as good as if I had glasses on. There are many time that glasses jut dont work an a patch will. An if you have to go in an out at night you can switch eyes an see both in the dark an in the light.

Back
Top Bottom