Eyelid closed

LobLolly2

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2020
One of my Buff Orpington’s eye is closed. It’s like the eyelid can’t open. It’s not swollen or draining. It’s just closed. Suggestions?

If it's stuck closed then some warm, wet compresses should loosen it up so you can open it. Then take a good look at the eye, and flush it out well with some sterile saline. It could have been injured from a peck, gotten debris in it, or there could be a respiratory illness causing discharge. Check for any discharge from the nares and beak. You can use terramycin eye ointment (most tractor supply stores carry it) or plain neosporin in the eye 2 -3 times daily if needed for any infection.

If it's stuck closed then some warm, wet compresses should loosen it up so you can open it. Then take a good look at the eye, and flush it out well with some sterile saline. It could have been injured from a peck, gotten debris in it, or there could be a respiratory illness causing discharge. Check for any discharge from the nares and beak. You can use terramycin eye ointment (most tractor supply stores carry it) or plain neosporin in the eye 2 -3 times daily if needed for any infection.
Thank you Coach. I'll make a trip to Tractor Supply and follow through as per your instructions. I appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom