Eyes stuck shut.

xxSonja

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Australia
I posted in the illness section but havent had any responses.
I have a button that is 2days old, and it cant seem to keep its eyes open. Its like they get stuck shut. And when it does have its eyes open they seem oddly small and slanted. It also appears smaller than the other chick.

Has anybody else had this issue with their quails? What did you do, and what was the outcome?
Does anyone know what causes it?

Quote:
I encountered this with two of my bobwhites. I simply took a moist cloth with warm water and wiped from the inside out and had no future issues with these birds or any other. HOWEVER, I am VERY new to this and suggest that you wait for someone with more experience than I to answer your post.

A hot cloth, not too hot (more warm) like Lost said (sorry for not saying your whole name). Make sure he is not getting picked on by the other babies. It's hard to isolate one little one as they love company. If you have saline drops (like for contact lenses), you can use that too. Just make sure to keep those eyes open. Good Luck!

Tried my best, but he didnt make it
sad.png

so now i have only one single silver chick. But its still with its parents so its not lonely. Both parents are brooding it fabulously, one small happy all silver family.

Back
Top Bottom