EZ Clean coops?

elmo

Crowing
14 Years
May 23, 2009
DFW
Last night it hit the high 50's, and I started worrying about my serama hybrids. I've got them in a roofed, three wall coop right now, but I'm concerned that they aren't going to be comfortable without a warmer place this winter.

So I started looking for traditional type coops that I could get my hands on fast and I noticed:

http://www.ezcleancoops.com/Home.aspx

Anyone ever bought one of these before?

They look really nice and convenient to clean but a bit too pricey for me.
sad.png

yup pricey, I dont have any problems with deep litter and a good sifter, and some DE ...adding more shavings when needed...no flies no mess. and sift once every 4 days...or so...and switch it out once every 6mos.

Those are really nice, but since you have to put it together anyway wouldn't it be wise to price out materials necessary to build it yourself. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of $500 to $700 you could build this from scratch.

There doesn't appear to be any framing or insulation -- that would add onto your costs if you want to insulate it. You do, don't you?
big_smile.png

Check Craigslist for playhouses and sheds. Also this time of year bif box and garden stores are likely to have garden sheds at reduced prices.

Jenny

Last edited:
if you can't build i say go for it.. they look sturdy. if they don't have hardware cloth on it i would add it to windows and run. we had to make ours look nice in case we sell our home. and that looks nice

Back
Top Bottom