EZ Clean coops?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by elmo, Sep 24, 2009.

1. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Last night it hit the high 50's, and I started worrying about my serama hybrids. I've got them in a roofed, three wall coop right now, but I'm concerned that they aren't going to be comfortable without a warmer place this winter.

So I started looking for traditional type coops that I could get my hands on fast and I noticed:

http://www.ezcleancoops.com/Home.aspx

Anyone ever bought one of these before?

2. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    They look really nice and convenient to clean but a bit too pricey for me. [​IMG]

3. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    yup pricey, I dont have any problems with deep litter and a good sifter, and some DE ...adding more shavings when needed...no flies no mess. and sift once every 4 days...or so...and switch it out once every 6mos.

4. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Those are really nice, but since you have to put it together anyway wouldn't it be wise to price out materials necessary to build it yourself. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of $500 to $700 you could build this from scratch.

There doesn't appear to be any framing or insulation -- that would add onto your costs if you want to insulate it. You do, don't you?[​IMG]

Check Craigslist for playhouses and sheds. Also this time of year bif box and garden stores are likely to have garden sheds at reduced prices.

Jenny

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  5. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    if you can't build i say go for it.. they look sturdy. if they don't have hardware cloth on it i would add it to windows and run. we had to make ours look nice in case we sell our home. and that looks nice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by