Fabulous Roos...

WillowSpring

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 2, 2014
I LOVE this big fluffy roo...but what breed is he? I can't find any pics that look like him. He is creamy, speckled, has feathered feet. He is very docile and has a quiet crow, but is an attention hog..as you can see from the pics.

I think my black beauty in the background is an Ameraucana. He's got a lovely little beard & black legs & feet. Its hard to get a picture of him...because a certain camera hog is always blocking my view.

Any input would be so welcomed. I am looking into getting ladies for them in the spring...at least for the big fluffy roo. We might say goodbye to the darker one.

Thank you! Any ideas on what might be going into that mix? What about the dark roo? Mixed as well?

I am brand to chickens. Had these boys since October. I'm not really clear on the breeding - are they like mutts? :)

The dark rooster is an Easter Egger, which is basically a mixed breed of chicken that lays (at least the hens do) colored eggs (blue, green, etc.). The light rooster is a mixed breed, probably with Cochin in him.

The dark rooster is an Easter Egger, which is basically a mixed breed of chicken that lays (at least the hens do) colored eggs (blue, green, etc.). The light rooster is a mixed breed, probably with Cochin in him.
I agree as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Everybody!

I will be looking to get some hens...prob white cochin & at least one other kind...in the spring. Hope the boys can keep the peace. They are very pretty & I'd like to keep them both, if I can.

Back
Top Bottom