Fabulously Feathered Silkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you click on the poster's image, it says the date they joined.
I don't have to click, I can see it just under ones avatar.
Screenshot_20190626-200041.png

You know what? I'm going to leave this thread. As someone who has recently purchased Silkies from the Central Valley area, I appreciate the warning about sick birds, and I appreciate seeing the problems with cockerels, and I also appreciate hearing both sides. I chose to purchase my babies elsewhere, and I am very happy I did. My Silkies are happy and healthy, and I wasn't overcharged or promised pullets and given cockerels. They are actually Silkies and not Cochins or crosses or what have you. I have learned a lot about how to search out a reputable breeder, and I will always do public searches for criminal and civil records before giving my business to a private entity - especially when it comes to animals who are more like family members than just backyard accessories. I think just desserts are being served if bad breeders are losing business. I will continue to flag CL ads as needed. I will tell friends and family how to vet breeders so they can decide for themselves.

You know what? I'm going to leave this thread. As someone who has recently purchased Silkies from the Central Valley area, I appreciate the warning about sick birds, and I appreciate seeing the problems with cockerels, and I also appreciate hearing both sides. I chose to purchase my babies elsewhere, and I am very happy I did. My Silkies are happy and healthy, and I wasn't overcharged or promised pullets and given cockerels. They are actually Silkies and not Cochins or crosses or what have you. I have learned a lot about how to search out a reputable breeder, and I will always do public searches for criminal and civil records before giving my business to a private entity - especially when it comes to animals who are more like family members than just backyard accessories. I think just desserts are being served if bad breeders are losing business. I will continue to flag CL ads as needed. I will tell friends and family how to vet breeders so they can decide for themselves.
Excellent advice for everyone!! I don't know if you bought from me or from someone else, but I'm glad you did your homework & are happy with your babies! You're a great example of an intelligent & well prepared buyer.

So my post was at the peak of all this madness and is 100% accurate. I find it ridiculous that she wants to come out of the woodworks now and attempt to clear her name. I have debated this with Dawne for far to long and I have no interest in continuing to play on the merry go round with her. If anyone would like to know MY story and what I went through then please feel free to message me directly. I have proof of EVERYTHING that I have encountered. Also, for clarification, Dawne has directly messaged people demanding they take down their poor reviews or else.. I challenged the or else and not a damn thing came of it because she knows that I will NOT be bullied like so many others have. My guess, she has her friends and family post positive reviews!

why would someone does this
for 1. everyone i know wants the best for there birds like treaty sick birds or saving a wounded one no mater what its raised for meat pet eggs so why does she treat her this bad

2. how could you treat a person like she does scamming them

3. this is a good lesson on knowing before you buy a good way to do that is by posting on here and asking about the breeder or talking to friends and get their breeder information

I just read the thread and I'm taken back that anyone would think someone would intentionally lie about their experience just to support someone else's experience. I joined this thread as well as others to warn people off my experience. At the time I had no knowledge of any others who experienced the same thing. I came to know Sheri and others only after they spoke in response to my posts. As if selling sick chicks is not enough, the compulsive lying and out right bullying is extremely frustrating. Now she has her Facebook friends, some who don't even own chicks trying to write positive reviews to offset the negative ones. If at any point she took responsibility I'm sure people would have learned their lesson and moved on. The continual lies and accusations pointed at people that did buy chicks is what keeps people, like myself, telling their story.

Just a little update to let you know what type of person Dawne Cullen aka Fabulously Feathered Silkies is. She went on to some of the old bad reviews about her on FB & posted, denying the claims as usual & trying to provoke more responses. Then when people replied, she went back & deleted her own posts so it looked like she was being bullied. She then turned around & reported everyone to FB for harassment & bullying so a couple of us are on timeout for 3 days. Not a big deal for me as I don't spend much time on the internet anyway, but it is definitely a reflection on the type of person she is. The words 'devious' & 'underhanded' come to mind!

Excellent advice for everyone!! I don't know if you bought from me or from someone else, but I'm glad you did your homework & are happy with your babies! You're a great example of an intelligent & well prepared buyer.
R u well experienced with silkies?
I'm looking for someone to help me learn more about mine I've 5 10 week old ones 2 white 3 partridge

R u well experienced with silkies?
I'm looking for someone to help me learn more about mine I've 5 10 week old ones 2 white 3 partridge
I've had Silkies for probably about 40 years & I helped create the Satin (Sizzle) breed that is 99.9% Silkie so I have plenty of hands on experience plus everything I've learned on the internet. Anytime I get a little full of myself & think I know it all, seems like something new comes along! Nothing like raising chickens to make a person humble! :) What can I help you with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom