Facebook BackYardChickens Group - Master Facebooker Needed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
UPDATE: The group exists: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23581119733

To
clarify on a few questions: We use this group to help people find out about BYC and come here. It isn't meant to be a replacement for or an additional forum / place to hang out.

Cheers to all that helped out!

----------------------------------

Okay, we need a volunteer to setup a BYC group on Facebook.

Requirements:

1) You must have at least 50 friends on Facebook
2) You must be a Facebook MASTER and know how to use all of the main features.
3) You must create the group to be fun and to represent BYC well
4) You must give access to Nifty-Chicken so he can make edits / corrections as needed.

So, if you've got what it takes (and some free time) please send me a PM or email with:

1) Your name on Facebook
2) A link to your Facebook profile
3) The number of friends you have on Facebook
4) A sentence (or more) explaining / convincing us why you should be the BYC representative on Facebook.

woot.gif

---------------------------EDITED TO ADD -------------------

Sorry I wasn't more specific about WHY we want to do this:

The Goal: Spread the word about BYC

More detail: Remember, we want to get a chicken in every yard... the best way to do this is for people to tell their friends about how cool it is to raise chickens. One of the best / easiest ways to do this is through a social network.

Social networks are a fantastic way to spread the word about something that is wonderful. BYC is wonderful and Facebook is one of the biggest social networks.

Important Note: The purpose of a BYC Facebook page (or even a BYC MySpace Page) would NOT be to send people already on BYC to that site, but to send people from those places here! So, don't fret those of you who don't know about / or like Facebook or Myspace because you won't need to know or do a single thing different from what you're already doing. We're just trying to find more smart ways to get our feathered friends into more backyards!
big_smile.png

Hey atleast you know what a facebook is! , I don't have a clue what it is! Guess I'm showing my age and ignorance more and more!

Facebook - It's everywhere, it's everywhere.

Yes, I know what Facebook is - I even have an account (not bad for an old man).
old.gif

This might be a dumb questions, but, isn't the BYC a "Facebook" of sorts already? It has all the same functionality, albeit in different formats...
idunno.gif

I do not do Facebook, but I do myspace..... I'll do a BYC myspace page. I have plenty of time
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

BYC MYSPACE>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 vote from me
D.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom