Facebook Foolishness

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

OK...so I wanna hear just how naive some people are about what they post on Facebook.

Here is mine...

Right now DH is on his way back to work over an hour away on top of the 12 hour shift he already put in to deal with Facebook Fools.
    Apparently one of his assistants is having a 'relationship' with one of his cashiers. A real company policy NO NO

Wanna know how he can prove it? YUP! Facebook.

DH got into work. Fired up HIS work computer and found the assistant managers FB page open and on it were several tell tale posts between this assistant and the cashier.

Ya gott love the naivete of some folks.
    Best part...DH has suspected this relationship for some time. He even REMINDED the assistant of the compant policy.
    Easy part....he doesnt even have to get one of them to confess. He has it in writing.
    Little known fact...you can cut and paste someone's entire FB page into a word document and save it.

So anyone else been able to use FB to catch a rat?

BTW...so that we dont need to be moderated, remember that this is a family forum and all stories may not be appropriate for this audience (said in the voice of that really cool announcer guy on TV)

2. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    No, never have. Personally I don't get the whole you can be in a relationship because you work together thing nor would I as a boss ever read someones face book page as too me it is an invasion of privacy but in saying all that if you new that was the rules when you agreed to work there then I guess you have no one to blame but yourself when you get busted.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    The assistant must be in a position over the cashier.. thats why its a no no?? That makes sense to me.
    Those types of situations can go south fast then theres hell to pay for the assistant/manager...

Now can 2 cashiers date?? (have no clue why i'm asking that..just being nosy.. [​IMG]..)

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:Don't want someone to read your FB page - then don't leave it open and up on the bosses computer.

6. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Some companies scan the Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/etc of their employees.

If you publish something, do not be surprised that somebody reads it.

And never have a relationship with the cashier if there is a chance you will be screaming "I hate you more; if hate were people, I'd be China! " at your wife later.

7. Camelot Farms

Quote:Thats right Red.
    It is all about power levels.

8. Camelot Farms

Quote:Satay, thats the thing that so many people dont understand when they post things...there is NO privacy. If you post it, people can read it. [​IMG]

Another cashier once called in sick for her shift and then posted pics of herself at a party...the pice were time and date stamped.
    It didnt take long for her friendly co-workers who wanted her hours to print that out and show it off.

While these stories are kind of humorous, I really hope that this thread serves as a reminder that all social network sites can be dangerous to personal lives and careers if not used wisely.

9. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:

Yup caught me one. My neice's boy friend. He was talking all kinds of crap about her. She couldn't get in contact with him because she was on vacation in the boonies of Indiana. Her Daddy about popped an artery when I showed him all the posts that I copied and pasted and his replies to me when I callled him on it.

Chicken little was hiding his nuggets for a good while!

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Quote:Don't want someone to read your FB page - then don't leave it open and up on the bosses computer.

You are so right there. I wasn't meaning people shouldn't read it if it was left open. I was just saying I wouldn't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by