Facebook question...

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
For those that use facebook, do you only have people on your account that you interact with or do you have just anybody on there?

I have been thinking about this lately. I was coming up on 200 "friends". A lot of them, I didn't interact with and vice versa. I "know" them either by web sites or locally or family, friends, etc., but we didn't interact at all on facebook. So I did a big "purge" of 75 people and think I may be doing it again. If they never comment on my stuff or my pics or anything and don't post at all on my facebook, why would they need/want to be on it?

So I am curious what yor criteria is for being on your facebook friends list? This does not apply to businesses or those that use it as business contacts, obviously.

I was just talking to a friend about this. I purged my FB about a year and a half ago and ended up adding some people back out of boredom. *sigh* Random people from high school that I surely do not talk to anymore.

I mean, people that if I saw on the street I might not even say hi to. But I like snooping, I won't lie. If I'm bored I love a good FB snoop.

I think sometime this summer I am either getting rid of FB or making it just for my close friends. It is handy for posting events or emailing people.

The only thing with deleting people is it makes me feel *slightly* bad when someone deletes me. Yep, makes no sense, because I'm obviously not close to the person, but the times I see my FB numbers go down I wonder who it was and why. Stupid, right?

Quote:
I deleted the ones that I didn't feel close enough to interact with. The only ones left, I do post on (and even some of the ones that I deleted, I do, but I do not like that one way friendship thing, had enough of that in my life). Just trying to decide if I should delete the others or not since I feel like it's letting people in my life that don't really care to be one way or another, if that makes sense.

I don't notice when people delete me.
idunno.gif

95% of mine are from BYC, there are couple people I added because we play the same game and it is beneficial to us in those games. But I won't add just anyone. I have unfriended a few too for being a pain in the tushy.

I tried Facebook. HATED every minute of it! Absolutely despise the entire concept. And all these names coming at me asking to be my friend and I have no idea who the heck they are? Was just creepy, creepy, creepy to me.

I may be trimming mine down.

I started it to be in touch with my family and friends and it is getting beyond that.

If I delete someone it is not because I don't like them or because they have done anything wrong, it is because my intent has gone beyond what I envisioned and that is my fault.

Back
Top Bottom