Fact or myth?

Another interesting fact: http://handcraftedcoops.com/home-raised-eggs-offer-superior-nutrition

Home Raised Eggs Offer Superior Nutrition

Most of the eggs currently sold in supermarkets are nutritionally inferior to eggs produced by hens raised on pasture and in backyards across the country. That’s the conclusion of a 2007 Mother Earth News egg testing project. The testing found that, compared to official U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrient data for commercial eggs, eggs from hens raised on pasture contain:

• 1/3 less cholesterol 
• 1/4 less saturated fat
 • 2/3 more vitamin A 
 • 2 times more omega- 3 fatty acids 
 • 3 times more vitamin E
 • 7 times more beta carotene

Click the link for the whole article but there is definite evidence that eggs from your birds are better than the store ones. But they didn't mention anything about the color :D

Most high cholesterol problems in humans can be attributed to a bad choice of parents. 

Absolutely. I am the youngest of 4 children. We're all over 40 now. Mother had high cholesterol and every one of us has high cholesterol. My son in his 30's does also. And none of us eat many eggs. For myself, sitting here with 10 laying hens, I don't like them that much. :lol:

Absolutely. I am the youngest of 4 children. We're all over 40 now. Mother had high cholesterol and every one of us has high cholesterol. My son in his 30's does also. And none of us eat many eggs. For myself, sitting here with 10 laying hens, I don't like them that much.
lol.png
My father and his parents and my mother had no cholesterol problems whatsoever. My siblings and I have no cholesterol issues either.
We are an intense group of egg, beef, pork and dairy consumers. Got lucky on this one!

I know this sounds contrary to what we have been hearing for years but you should eat more eggs

and animal fat and less vegetable oils. Then your cholesterol levels will actually go down.

Myth, plain and simple. Think about it. Three birds, one a brown egg layer, one a white egg layer and one an easter egger. They grow up in the same place and eat the same stuff. How can the eggs possibly be any different just because of the color of the shell? They can't.

Back
Top Bottom