Failure to thrive

So I went to three different places no one had Corid. I have to order it. The only thing they had on hand was oxytetracycline. I'm not sure if that'll help. But it'll be a couple days till I get her the right stuff
sad.png
Tractor Supply should have Corid in the cattle section.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/Corid

Call the other places and ask if they have AmproMed or Amprol. Do not give oxytetracycline.

-Kathy

Tractor supply says they only have it online unless there are some left on shelves. Something about pulling all over the counter meds as of January 1 st. So they're not ordering it anymore.
1f61e.png
I'm still looking into it.

Try calling your county extension agent. There number is online or if you are old-fashioned like me, in the phone book. The agent should know where to find some.

Somebody at Tractor Supply is confused. Corid and Amprolium ae excluded from that law. It applies only to antibiotics that are fed in feed or in water. Amprolium is not an antibiotic and one of the sections in that rule specifically mentions that it is not covered. Some people always over-react. But that doesn’t help you now.

Try calling your county extension agent. There number is online or if you are old-fashioned like me, in the phone book. The agent should know where to find some.

Somebody at Tractor Supply is confused. Corid and Amprolium ae excluded from that law. It applies only to antibiotics that are fed in feed or in water. Amprolium is not an antibiotic and one of the sections in that rule specifically mentions that it is not covered. Some people always over-react. But that doesn’t help you now.
I just checked stock at my local TSC, and they are out of stock, so maybe they aren't going to carry it?

-Kathy

I just got some. The Phoenix store had it and drove it down for me. So I have it now. Finally. I wonder why it's so scarce.

I just got some. The Phoenix store had it and drove it down for me. So I have it now. Finally. I wonder why it's so scarce.
How much does she weigh?
Mix 1/2 teaspoon powder with 10 ml of water and give 0.07 ml per 100 grams orally for 1-3 days. Do this in addition to the medicated drinking water.

-Kathy

I don't know how much she weighs. I don't have a scale. She's petite though, definitely lighter than the EE that is her same age. I'm going to start the medicine first thing in the morning. Thanks for all your help ;)

Sorry to bother you again. I just want to make sure I get this right. So I mix 1/2 tsp with 10ml of water and I'm only giving her .07 ml once a day for three days?

Back
Top Bottom