Fairs, animal showmanship

I can't help you with showmanship with chickens, but I once knew a little 4H girl who had the cleverest way to practice for showmanship with her sheep I have ever heard of. She had a big tom turkey that liked to strut around. Every day she took her sheep in the area where the turkey was to practice. She pretended the turkey was the judge and presented the sheep to the "judge" as he moved around her and the sheep. On show day she started at Novice Showmanship and advanced from one class to the next and ended up almost winning Advanced Showmanship. I think she was second in that class. I am not really a fan of showmanship, but I watched the whole thing. It was unforgettable.

I plan on showing this guy on December 16th if this year, he is a 3 month old Californian Rabbit. Currently he weighs about 4 lbs color markings have improved since I first got him by show he will hopefully be around 8 lbs View attachment 3664988
What a nice looking rabbit, he looks well taken care of!

I can't help you with showmanship with chickens, but I once knew a little 4H girl who had the cleverest way to practice for showmanship with her sheep I have ever heard of. She had a big tom turkey that liked to strut around. Every day she took her sheep in the area where the turkey was to practice. She pretended the turkey was the judge and presented the sheep to the "judge" as he moved around her and the sheep. On show day she started at Novice Showmanship and advanced from one class to the next and ended up almost winning Advanced Showmanship. I think she was second in that class. I am not really a fan of showmanship, but I watched the whole thing. It was unforgettable.
Wow that’s so creative!

Back
Top Bottom