Fairs, animal showmanship

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
I remember seeing a thread like this somewhere but couldn’t find it so figured id start one myself.

This is a fair thread, for people who show their animals. Basically anything relating to fairs, showmanship, etc.

I showed a beef steer at Big E, 4-Town, 4-H, and Woodstock.
It was a lot of fun, i’m curious to hear everyone else’s experiences? Especially with chicken showmanship.

I
I remember seeing a thread like this somewhere but couldn’t find it so figured id start one myself.

This is a fair thread, for people who show their animals. Basically anything relating to fairs, showmanship, etc.

I showed a beef steer at Big E, 4-Town, 4-H, and Woodstock.
It was a lot of fun, i’m curious to hear everyone else’s experiences? Especially with chicken showmanship.
I've never been to a poultry show but I'm trying to find one I can go to! I have some quality birds I'd love to show!

I

I've never been to a poultry show but I'm trying to find one I can go to! I have some quality birds I'd love to show!
I’m going to show my birds next year but they haven’t quite given up the avian restrictions here so for the past 2 years people have been using stuffed animals to show birds (by people i mean the entire fair.) It’s pretty funny but i figure im just going to do bird showing next year so i can show my real birds instead of stuffed animals.

I’m going to show my birds next year but they haven’t quite given up the avian restrictions here so for the past 2 years people have been using stuffed animals to show birds (by people i mean the entire fair.) It’s pretty funny but i figure im just going to do bird showing next year so i can show my real birds instead of stuffed animals.
That's really funny! What breeds will you show?

I plan on showing this guy on December 16th if this year, he is a 3 month old Californian Rabbit. Currently he weighs about 4 lbs color markings have improved since I first got him by show he will hopefully be around 8 lbs
PXL_20231021_181550309.jpg

IMG_5764.jpeg

This was Zeus, my steer from last year. He sold for $4.30 a pound which im really happy with.

As of now i lease my cows so they are on a different property.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom