Faith in the Simpsons?

That show has caught a lot of flak over the years for what some would consider "less than wholesome" content, but I think it's a good family show.

They are the typical American family, albeit much exaggerated. That they are a nuclear family that actually care for each other, show love for each other, and work through their problems together has had a number of clergymen voicing their approval of the show over the years.

Is Homer an idiot? Yes, but he loves his wife and kids and does his best to provide for them. Bart is a modern Dennis the Menace, but always learns his lesson.

The writers do work in every stereotype out there, like the overly Christian neighbors, the East Indian store owner, the Jewish entertainer, the lazy, doughnut eating police chief, etc, but that is all part of the schtick.

I think im just going to not comment on this
th.gif

I agree with Mac. I haven't watched it for years, but I assume it's still the same. The stereotypes are great. I think they pick on just about everyone.

Quote:
Yes!!! About 1998 is when it stopped with an occasional good episode here and there.

Actually, I think it;s the FLANDERS family they're trying to claim!
lol.png

After 20+ years it's not what it used to be. There is little there that is original anymore as we have all grown accustomed to the same old gags, but for years it was some of the best comedic writing on television.

Does anybody watch Futurama? I find it hilariously funny. My wife thinks differently...

Quote:
Yes Futurama is funny. I like King of the Hill too. We used to watch all that stuff on Sunday night. Now it's just occasional when DW is not around. She outgrew it. I'll always be a kid at heart.

Back
Top Bottom