That's why I cheerfully despise the "Easter Duckling" people.

"Hey, let's get the kids a cute little baby duckie like in those adorable You-Tube video!"

"Oops. Why did the two day old duckling die overnight here in our 72 degree temperature home?"

"Right. Heat lamp. OMG! Our house is filled with duck shit!"

"Bye-bye little duckie, make lots of new duck friends here at the par- Oops, the other ducks just murdered it."

For those that can handle it, ducks and chicken are a good mix. Broody chickens can help hatch duck eggs.
Don't make me going off on those!

Look doggy we have little duckie here... No! Bad dog! Spit it out! - Ah well…

or

How did pussycat got into the brooder?

Animals are a commitment and a responsibility! Nowadays nobody wants to be held responsible anymore, just look at the »top« of our society… It is disgusting!

I love that you speak to your ducks in German!

They’ll warm up to you. My runners took a while to Get comfortable but they came around.
They can see the other ducks example! I will sit down with them today with some catfood and will show them that the other ducks eat my hands…

I love that you speak to your ducks in German!

They’ll warm up to you. My runners took a while to Get comfortable but they came around.

That reminds me of a quote from somewhere:

"Every day, tell the people around you that they are loved, because life is good."

"But when you do, scream it at them in German because life is also confusing and terrifying."

So I thought I was only getting Blue ducks from the Pekin, fawn and white runner combo, but this time I got brown and white.

The fawn and white runners, are they male or female? Do you have pictures of the resulting babies? Sounds like chocolate, which makes sense as fawn and white is a chocolate color. If the fawn and white runners are the moms, then the dad has to be carrying chocolate.

However, I believe for fawn, the color is supposed to be homozygous for the blue dilution gene, so really if they are a true fawn, you shouldn't be able to get just chocolate ducklings from them. The ducklings should be at least lilac.

Back
Top Bottom