Pics
The thermometer here shows 0°C (32F) and the ducknagers sleep away from the heat lamp:
full

Guess they get used to the fresh air and the view. Yesterday night they were all hiding in the cave.

Love all the pics and videos! Food is definitely the way to their heart...they will come around. They are in a whole new world being outside now so I'm sure it's a combination of everything that they're afraid of...not just you!
Hoping nothing happened to those sweet babies! They're perfect ducky specimens...anyone who's a true duck keeper would be lucky to have them!!

Love all the pics and videos! Food is definitely the way to their heart...they will come around. They are in a whole new world being outside now so I'm sure it's a combination of everything that they're afraid of...not just you!
Hoping nothing happened to those sweet babies! They're perfect ducky specimens...anyone who's a true duck keeper would be lucky to have them!!
You have that right they are adorable!! They will be so integrated into the pack by the time they can be let out Hillbilly will have a hard time telling whos who by the way they act. So precious!!

The thermometer here shows 0°C (32F) and the ducknagers sleep away from the heat lamp:
full

Guess they get used to the fresh air and the view. Yesterday night they were all hiding in the cave.
Just melts the heart doesn't it! If they could talk humon they'd be saying thank you!

That's actually kind of concerning. How do they behave when they're around you? Do they retreat or otherwise seem afraid of you? The panic thing makes me think they were maybe abused - or just harshly disciplined by their former owners.

I doubt there's anything that can be done about it, especially if the abuse was emotional instead of physical, but it might be something to keep in mind if they decide to try to get duck eggs from you again.
My runners were very skittish when I got them at 6 months old. I’m confident they were not abused. They would mash themselves up into a wall to get away from me. They’re much better, a year later now, they will not totally freak when handled, and like being near me.

It's the personality of the Runner. I love all traits they have and to watch the changers they make over time of loving and caring for them is just special!
They are amazing birds! Once I saw a fawn and white runner, I knew I had to get one. My black runner has more personality, but my fawn and white doesn’t fight once I pick him up.

They are amazing birds! Once I saw a fawn and white runner, I knew I had to get one. My black runner has more personality, but my fawn and white doesn’t fight once I pick him up.
That’s how our runner is. Back when he was being brooded he would not struggle once being picked up. He likes to be petted on the neck and head.

Back
Top Bottom