The fawn and white runners, are they male or female? Do you have pictures of the resulting babies? Sounds like chocolate, which makes sense as fawn and white is a chocolate color. If the fawn and white runners are the moms, then the dad has to be carrying chocolate.

However, I believe for fawn, the color is supposed to be homozygous for the blue dilution gene, so really if they are a true fawn, you shouldn't be able to get just chocolate ducklings from them. The ducklings should be at least lilac.
These are the babies! - They were babies 6 weeks ago at my neighbors house…

One of the Runner Ducknagers is definitely a girl, she quacks-a-lot. The other one might be a drake, very silent and a wider bill and head.
Two of the others are the result of a Black Swedish/Magpie duck with either a F&W Runner or a Buff Orpington Drake.
And the last one, the brown duck with the white bib that looks like a Duclair drake… ?
Mom's could be Fawn & White Runner, Black Swedish/Magpie, Buff Orpington or White Layer. Available Dads are again Fawn&White Runner and Buff Orpington.

I need to write a computer program for Duck Genetics, like an evil scientist…

These are the babies! - They were babies 6 weeks ago at my neighbors house…

One of the Runner Ducknagers is definitely a girl, she quacks-a-lot. The other one might be a drake, very silent and a wider bill and head.
Two of the others are the result of a Black Swedish/Magpie duck with either a F&W Runner or a Buff Orpington Drake.
And the last one, the brown duck with the white bib that looks like a Duclair drake… ?
Mom's could be Fawn & White Runner, Black Swedish/Magpie, Buff Orpington or White Layer. Available Dads are again Fawn&White Runner and Buff Orpington.

I need to write a computer program for Duck Genetics, like an evil scientist…
Good idea and make it so idiots can understand it please. Thank you!

That reminds me of a quote from somewhere:

"Every day, tell the people around you that they are loved, because life is good."

"But when you do, scream it at them in German because life is also confusing and terrifying."
Why is German terrifying? (Of course when not spoken by Hitler!)

I don't remember you getting crested ducks last winter. Or, are they from subsequent hatches after the initial bunch?
There were two crested Magpie/Black Swedish ducks mixed in the Spring Ducklings, Pompom and Pommes. So th crested ducknager is very likely their offspring and from the patterin in the face she looks exactly like Pompom Duck - except she is blue.

Great videos!! They are getting broke into the family pretty good and even ran the adults off a few times!! Such pretty ducks!
Yes they are pretty! I have to admit i like the crested one most, even though i don't like crested ducks. A bit worried about how many drakes i got this time…

The fawn and white runners, are they male or female? Do you have pictures of the resulting babies? Sounds like chocolate, which makes sense as fawn and white is a chocolate color. If the fawn and white runners are the moms, then the dad has to be carrying chocolate.

However, I believe for fawn, the color is supposed to be homozygous for the blue dilution gene, so really if they are a true fawn, you shouldn't be able to get just chocolate ducklings from them. The ducklings should be at least lilac.
Hah! - I assume that dark brown duck is the offspring of a White Layer!
If you look at a picture of the Golden Hybrid Layers, the male duck looks exactly like the ducknager here:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/images/ducks/Golden300Adult.jpg
Maybe the White Layers have been derived from the Golden Layers?

Back
Top Bottom