Pics
The fawn and white runners, are they male or female? Do you have pictures of the resulting babies? Sounds like chocolate, which makes sense as fawn and white is a chocolate color. If the fawn and white runners are the moms, then the dad has to be carrying chocolate.

However, I believe for fawn, the color is supposed to be homozygous for the blue dilution gene, so really if they are a true fawn, you shouldn't be able to get just chocolate ducklings from them. The ducklings should be at least lilac.

The father is fawn and white,mother is a pekin. these ducklings are chocolate and white and they are both males as still peeping at 6weeks. Their sister is a loud quacker for at least the last three week. I have gotten a grey and white drake out of this pair in before but he is mostly white. The hen duckling is the gray/white i was expecting. The brown and white are really quite lovely. I already rehomed one but will see if I can find a picture. Not home now but when I get back I can send pictures of the one I kept.

Sorry this is a response to @Pyxis from a few pages ago. Behind due to a long road trip.

The moment i am out of sight, they hop in. When they see me, PANIC!
Looks suspicious…

That's actually kind of concerning. How do they behave when they're around you? Do they retreat or otherwise seem afraid of you? The panic thing makes me think they were maybe abused - or just harshly disciplined by their former owners.

I doubt there's anything that can be done about it, especially if the abuse was emotional instead of physical, but it might be something to keep in mind if they decide to try to get duck eggs from you again.

That's actually kind of concerning. How do they behave when they're around you? Do they retreat or otherwise seem afraid of you? The panic thing makes me think they were maybe abused - or just harshly disciplined by their former owners.

I doubt there's anything that can be done about it, especially if the abuse was emotional instead of physical, but it might be something to keep in mind if they decide to try to get duck eggs from you again.
That's exactly what i think too. :(
They try to get away from me as far away as possible and show all signs of fear, trying to climb on each other like you would expect from days old ducklings.
I just bring them treats, talk calmly to them and sit by there house, handing out treats to the other ducks and they observe. Maybe if they see that the other ducks are trusting me they come around. What else can i do? :confused:

The fawn and white runners, are they male or female? Do you have pictures of the resulting babies? Sounds like chocolate, which makes sense as fawn and white is a chocolate color. If the fawn and white runners are the moms, then the dad has to be carrying chocolate.

However, I believe for fawn, the color is supposed to be homozygous for the blue dilution gene, so really if they are a true fawn, you shouldn't be able to get just chocolate ducklings from them. The ducklings should be at least lilac.
Here are the parents of @Magnolia Ducks ducklings. The drake is the Runner
3C733951-4898-464A-BB54-B56536C6D87D.jpeg
BA1887C5-7C77-4367-93C6-31760A27E2C7.jpeg
The grey on his head was brown until a few weeks ago.

Here are the parents of @Magnolia Ducks ducklings. The drake is the RunnerView attachment 1986026View attachment 1986027 The grey on his head was brown until a few weeks ago.
Now i'm completely confused!
So Limpy (F&W Runner) and Blanca (White Layer) -> Chocolate and White? Like the brown ducknager with the white bib?
And Pompom (Black&White Magpie/Swedish) plus Limpy or Erpelchen (?) would result in a duck, looking like a Blue swedish.
AAARRRGH! - Duck genetics!
full

Now i'm completely confused!
So Limpy (F&W Runner) and Blanca (White Layer) -> Chocolate and White? Like the brown ducknager with the white bib?
And Pompom (Black&White Magpie/Swedish) plus Limpy or Erpelchen (?) would result in a duck, looking like a Blue swedish.
AAARRRGH! - Duck genetics!
full
I believe quantum physics is easier than duck genetics.

Back
Top Bottom