Pics
Merry Christma y'all from the HillBilly and the Ducks!

The Ducknager went into the water bowl today with me sitting beside:
The drakenagers are still a bit shy though.

What was the deal with the one that spent the first minute or so standing guard? He (or she) finally started dunking in the water, but it was like he/she expected to be attacked or something.

The others were all over there dipping their beaks. The one white got all the way in the tub and that one is just circling around, watching, like Admiral Quackbar about to go "It's a trap!"
I am almost certain he is a drake, is most afraid of Humons of them all. The Runner girl, the one in the water, is slowly coming around, but this morning they banged their heads again against the walls when i opened their door to the run...

I am almost certain he is a drake, is most afraid of Humons of them all. The Runner girl, the one in the water, is slowly coming around, but this morning they banged their heads again against the walls when i opened their door to the run...

I admit I still wish we knew what happened to him. You'd think that what happened to one of them would happen to all of them. Maybe he was the "scapeduck" that got the punishment. Figure a lot of it is just going to require patience and love. Maybe think about bringing another duck in with you in the run. Give treats to that duck and any one of the new flock that dares to approach. You know, drive home the point that you=good things.

Unless you're a rooster chick. In which case you=eventual fried chicken.

Honestly, even if they are doomed to become dinner at some point, they'll still have someone feeding them and caring for them. There's situations a whole lot worse for male chicks than that.

I scared all my ducks to death today!
Had the only pumpkin i grew this year still in the cold cellar and though i give it to the ducks as a Christmas lunch. Cut it in quarters and laid three of those around the Ducknagers run and one inside.
WOOOSH! - Alls ducks gone as soon as they spotted those bright orange things in my hands. Evil duck eating pumpkin quarters! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! QUACK!
Fortunately i also brought a container with some cat-kibbles with me, so i sat down at the Ducknagers house and rattled. And rattled. Rattled again. - First duck to came out of hiding was - no not Blanca Duck - Maggie Duck had her brave day and got rewarded big time! She crawled (literally!) towards me, using every single leaf of grass as cover, snatched some cat food and ran away. WHEEW! SURVIVED!
Let's try that again! Sneaking towards that humon with the yummy treats…
What is doing now?! - He's feeding our treats to those evil orange Duck eaters! Oh no! They don't deserve that! That's our's! Give that to me you evil, yummy tasting, orange thing. Yumm!
And she started to devour the soft inside of the pumpkin, seeds included. When Maggie started with the second quarter, Blanca had seen enough and switched to "Kugelblitz" mode. Who duck could have known that those orange things aren't meant to eat ducks, but to be eaten! Finally three pumpkin quarters gone in no time!
Still the Ducknager weren't convinced and pushed their butts through the fence to be as far away from the evil orange as possible - Well until Earthquack and Bazilla decided to test if ducknager butts are tasty too… :lau - Squeek! Squeek! Quax! Squeek! - Number five escaped Bazillas bite in the very last moment and they all ran to the other side of the run. - Oh no! Evil orange thing! - Run! - Humon! - Run again! In the end all five were running around the water bowl until one stumbled, fell and the other four piled up on top… :sick
I swear even the ducks were laughing! :gig

In the end i slowly walked away from the house to give them a chance to calm down, they were panting in panic! :(
And by the time i locked them up for the night they also had eaten their pumpkin. Other than the grown up's, the ducknagers venture inside their house when it starts to get dark, i only have to serve them their dinner into the house and lock the door. :)

Back
Top Bottom