the hobby is going to cost what you decide to spend, it costs me 40$ a month for the ducks, quails and a chiclen, and my first coop was 75$. if i had someones credit card i could spend 10000$ in a weekend on duck stuff alone but itd all be unecessary
I would stock up in feed, treats, straw and - ducks, of course! :gig

the hobby is going to cost what you decide to spend, it costs me 40$ a month for the ducks, quails and a chiclen, and my first coop was 75$. if i had someones credit card i could spend 10000$ in a weekend on duck stuff alone but itd all be unecessary

The stopper for me isn't the money so much as the time and effort.

That said, I will be investing in stuff for a brooder. Once Spring comes there's a decent chance I'll be able to rescue some wild ducklings, put them up overnight and then be able to take them to a wildlife rehab center.

That said, I will be investing in stuff for a brooder. Once Spring comes there's a decent chance I'll be able to rescue some wild ducklings, put them up overnight and then be able to take them to a wildlife rehab center.
You are walking a very dangerous path there: You know that little duckies are absolutely lovely, cute and sticky?!? Once you are under the spell of the duckling you will be a lost cause and obey the dux!

You are walking a very dangerous path there: You know that little duckies are absolutely lovely, cute and sticky?!? Once you are under the spell of the duckling you will be a lost cause and obey the dux!

I'm hoping the Power of the Poo will help me resist duckslavement. "Awww, they're so itty-bittty cuuuu- oh dear God, what is that stench?!"

Well @johntfs, just think of all the time and effort you spend each day on these threads! If you had ducks you could be spending that amount of time with them!

Back
Top Bottom