Fall is almost here! get the fireplace going

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Well in Eastern, NC anyway. We had a fire going in the fireplace last night.
smile.png
Yes the windows were open but I couldn't help it.

2010fireplace.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
My house is so cold, it is only 40 outside right now, so if we had a fire in the fireplace, we would not have had to leave windows open. We had a fire outside last night, but I came in because it was just too cold outside for me. Never mind fall, it felt like winter last night here!

We heat exclusively with our soapstone stove and are in the process of collecting our winter supply of wood. Can't waste any till it's really cold--and it's predicted to be in the mid 30's over the next few nights. Set up my crippled rooster's heat lamp since he can't snuggle with anyone.

Not ready for a fire yet, but I have 2 truckloads of oak coming at the end of the month. Last night was the first night we've had below 60F. It was fun to shiver this morning!

ooohh...gotta order more wood! I can't wait til I fire up the woodburning stove! And I need to get more propane for the sissies in my house that don't know how to throw on a sweater.

*cough*DH*cough*
big_smile.png

I'm so jealous Steve. I wanted to start the fire last night. DH is out've town, I called him he said no the pipes have to be cleaned.... blah blah blah... We had a robins nest in the chimmeny this spring. He wants to make sure it's all safe. I guess this is a good thing, but I love the smell of a fire, and the heat it throws!! I had a few glasses of wine insted, warmed me right up! lol

Nope, no fire here. BUT, windows open, beautiful breeze coming thru the house, its about 80 degrees. My FAVORITE time of the year!

Oh, did get some of the fireplace feeling, tho, since neighbors are burning a huge woodpile.

Did I say I loved this time of year???

Back
Top Bottom