Fall is almost here! get the fireplace going

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Well in Eastern, NC anyway. We had a fire going in the fireplace last night. [​IMG] Yes the windows were open but I couldn't help it.

[​IMG]

Steve

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

My house is so cold, it is only 40 outside right now, so if we had a fire in the fireplace, we would not have had to leave windows open. We had a fire outside last night, but I came in because it was just too cold outside for me. Never mind fall, it felt like winter last night here!

3. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    o yes we have been waiting all summer for this .And we love our wood stove for this reason.Nice fire place [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

We heat exclusively with our soapstone stove and are in the process of collecting our winter supply of wood. Can't waste any till it's really cold--and it's predicted to be in the mid 30's over the next few nights. Set up my crippled rooster's heat lamp since he can't snuggle with anyone.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I had a nice warm fire yesterday in the woodstove! Tis the season!!!

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Not ready for a fire yet, but I have 2 truckloads of oak coming at the end of the month. Last night was the first night we've had below 60F. It was fun to shiver this morning!

7. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    ooohh...gotta order more wood! I can't wait til I fire up the woodburning stove! And I need to get more propane for the sissies in my house that don't know how to throw on a sweater.

*cough*DH*cough*
    [​IMG]

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Ummm, still well over 100 here. No fireplace, no way!

9. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so jealous Steve. I wanted to start the fire last night. DH is out've town, I called him he said no the pipes have to be cleaned.... blah blah blah... We had a robins nest in the chimmeny this spring. He wants to make sure it's all safe. I guess this is a good thing, but I love the smell of a fire, and the heat it throws!! I had a few glasses of wine insted, warmed me right up! lol

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Nope, no fire here. BUT, windows open, beautiful breeze coming thru the house, its about 80 degrees. My FAVORITE time of the year!

Oh, did get some of the fireplace feeling, tho, since neighbors are burning a huge woodpile.

Did I say I loved this time of year???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by