Fall Peafowl Family Pictures

Beautiful pictures, especially the last two
love.gif

thumbsup.gif

Thank you MinxFox for these beautiful photos. It has been a while but I am happy to see the addition of peachicks to your,family. I like especially how the white ones look so puffy and fluffy on the pic. And the mommy with children pics are priceless.

Kat

Great pics MinxFox........that the thing i love about peafowl..........peahens make great mothers. Reason i let a few of my peahens set the last clutch of eggs.

Quote:
So far with Ice hatching and taking care of those peachicks it has been what I hoped for and more. She works so hard to take care of them. She has scratched up the ground all over the pen searching for bugs to feed them and she sticks up for them when Damsel kicks one of the chicks. Although she can't stop Alto. Since Alto is the boss I have watched several times where he has pecked at and jumped on one of the peachicks and all Ice can do is watch. I don't help though because he doesn't hurt them and I think it helps teach them about living in a group and ranking and things. Although if it got too out of hand I certainly would intervene. I think there is something to be said about peachicks being in with the adults from day one. It certainly helps to not have to introduce them to adults later on...Poor Peep he is afraid of adults...He was our experiment peachick. We quickly learned that adult peafowl and especially peahens do not like peachicks that do not belong to them.

I always enjoy seeing your pictures, minx! I think my favorites from this bunch are definitely the ones of mommy Ice cuddling her chicks! SO CUTE!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom