Fall Quilt Block Swap due October 15th

I'd like to participate. I'll do whichever block is chosen - like them all. Been ages since I quilted - will be fun to pick it up again!

I'd like to participate. I'll do whichever block is chosen - like them all. Been ages since I quilted - will be fun to pick it up again!
Hello,
Welcome and your in. Welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif

the block "Solitaire" link is this one and the colors are blues and yellows, you are the artist put them together in any way and shade. Instructions for mailing the blocks to me are on the first page and when you are ready you ask me for my address in a PM. To PM someone put your cursor on the screen name and a drop down box will appear.

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SolitaireBlock.html

4 spaces left

I'm in. Of course you got me with blue and yellow. I went to West Virginia University and our colors are blue and gold so this is perfect for me ;)! 16 blocks, blue and yellow, solitaire block 12 x 12 correct?

I'm in. Of course you got me with blue and yellow. I went to West Virginia University and our colors are blue and gold so this is perfect for me
wink.png
! 16 blocks, blue and yellow, solitaire block 12 x 12 correct?
Your in PharmGirl, and you got it

3 more spaces to go!!!!

filling up fast

Been working on sewing up a prototype w/ my colors just to make sure they will work in the block well and ............................................................................ bias sewing, keeping tiny points straight and matching points .............................................. "it's all coming back to me now!!!!!!!"
barnie.gif

So all you vetran or not so vetren quilters tell us what are your secrets to keeping those tiny triangle points going straight under the presser foot w/o pulling bias, especially the back side of the points. The lead points seem much easier to control, but those backside ones are
somad.gif

Okay one block down 15 to go. I am relieved to know that w/ care I can actually make the block. My points may not win at a quilt show, but I am pleased most are either right on or very close.

A "scant 1/4 inch" sure doesn't give much wiggle room! lol

The darker center and lighter outer points doesn't have the exact look I was picturing in my head, but I still like the color combo I'm using.

Kassaundra we love pictures!!! I use pins and iron as flat as I can get it and your cutting your dog ears and your nesting your seams when you put your blocks together? any other pointers will have to come from the more seasoned quilters my points don't always line up either, but after I pin I do fold back the fabric to see if they are lining up, I hate to pick. so I don't know how much help this was, doesn't seem like much
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom