I got a batch of chicks from McMurray back at the beginning of March, when the AE stuff was going on, and ultimately lost nine chicks out of 22. Eight of those chicks were white orpingtons, which we'd ordered to become meat. We lost every single orpington they'd shipped. After some discussion, my wife and I decided to hatch a batch of our own eggs and raise those chicks as meat to replace the ones we'd lost. We hatched 22 eggs this past Weds/Thurs, and all but one were wonderfully healthy. We lost the sickly one Friday, but it was expected. I moved the new chicks from the incubator to our brooder, which had been scrubbed down twice with bleach. The AE had been gone from the previous chicks for almost 5 weeks. You probably know where this is going. Yesterday morning, I noticed one chick doing the all-too-familiar lurch on stiff shaky legs. He can't hold his wings up too well, and he has trouble keeping his balance. I've moved him to sick bay, to keep him away from the other chicks, but they're all still in the brooder that apparently still has AE in it. I'll keep watch on them, and if any more develop it I'm going to just burn the dang thing and build a new one. I guess the moral of the story is: just because you think something is clean, it isn't.