false Americauna?

rosiekitty94

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 7, 2013
Maryland
I bought my Pippa as a chick from a local man with a flock of his own. I can't remember if he said she was an Americauna or Araucona. As a chick she looked like a little chipmunk with a stripe down her back (as seen in the picture below). I also included pictures of what she presently looks like. Please help me decide what breed she is. If it helps, he said she would lay blue to blue-green eggs. Thanks for the help!

wow, cool! Thanks!
ep.gif

But it's weird how her legs are yellow, but I've seen some EE's like that before her perhaps her blue egg genes are distant and a bit "diluted"?

Last edited:
She's an Easter Egger. They are mutts, so they can have any kind of feature :)
x2
Most EE's have green legs but others slate, others yellow. Some muffs/beards, others none. Some straight comb, others pea....all a toss of the genes.

The only thing they should have to be an EE is Ameraucana blood somewhere in the line....but it can get pretty distant as there is no standard for EE.

Pretty bird.

Hopefully you'll get a pretty colored egg. But be warned...since they are mutts you can also get any color of egg from plain Jane brown to blue or green or even a pinkish beige.

I've read (no idea how true) that if they have a pea comb the percentages of them inheriting the blue egg gene is much better.

Good luck :D I'm in the same boat with my fingers crossed with my 2 EE's...hoping for color in the eggs. :D
Lady of McCamley

x2
Most EE's have green legs but others slate, others yellow. Some muffs/beards, others none. Some straight comb, others pea....all a toss of the genes.

The only thing they should have to be an EE is Ameraucana blood somewhere in the line....but it can get pretty distant as there is no standard for EE.

Pretty bird.

Hopefully you'll get a pretty colored egg. But be warned...since they are mutts you can also get any color of egg from plain Jane brown to blue or green or even a pinkish beige.

I've read (no idea how true) that if they have a pea comb the percentages of them inheriting the blue egg gene is much better.

Good luck :D I'm in the same boat with my fingers crossed with my 2 EE's...hoping for color in the eggs. :D
Lady of McCamley
They dont have to have ameraucana blood somewhere, then can have araucana blood somewhere too. And if they have a pea comb they are more likley for them to carry the blue egg gene.(I could go more into depth on this but I wont)

Back
Top Bottom