Family and "friends" want to buy free range eggs for less than cost

Yep, it is quite funny how much my eggs cost to produce. They are far superior to any store bought eggs that come from abused caged hens.

I have been able to work out some barter options, like eggs for asparagus, or eggs for a place to hunt etc... work with whatever you need and don't have for quality eggs that can't be bought in any supermarket.

bigzio

Sounds to me like alot of people have "Henny Penny" sindrome...meaning they want to reap the rewards of your hens hard work without helping with the cost of the hens.

I've told most people, including my family and friends that the first dozen is free and after that...$3/dz.
ep.gif

The exceptions that I have are for people who provide me with services. I have a neighbour who blows the snow from my driveway in the winter...will be providing him with his eggs this winter...free of charge in exchange for snowblowing.
thumbsup.gif

Most tradesmen who come to the house will be getting a dozen free in lieu of gratuity and to promote good will to my freeranging hens
love.gif

I think you get the picture...we all have to give something inorder to get something.
th.gif

Quote:
Have you mentioned the RABID unfriendly rottweiller that will be staked by the coop guarding it?
gig.gif

Last edited:
My girls will provide our eggs, my DD's elementary school (they are buying them for 2.00 per dozen from the food budget), several friends are getting a couple dozen a month and will buy a bag a food every couple of months.

Fair to me...I am also trading eggs for plants for our new place.

Wow! Only $80 a dozen???!!!
ep.gif

Mine go for twice that much! Please don't undercut the rest of us who are trying to get a fair return on our investments!
lol.png

Quote:
I'm figuring at least five eggs every thirty-six hours, i.e., five times slightly less than five equals 24-25. Please don't disillusion me if I'm wrong. I don't want to think about having to sell my dozen per week. Ah, what the heck! Go ahead; break my heart and foretell my doom and bankruptcy.

Back
Top Bottom