Fan for my coop?

Can you elaborate a bit on your insulated nest box lid? Are you saying it's aluminum? Thanks.
What you see on the photo: the lid, covered with a thin isolation with aluminium on the outside. The chickens don’t sleep in thsmall coop with the nest boxes but in the coop at the end. The middle part is the small covered run.

CCC4702D-056A-4431-981C-7132DCEC0146.jpeg

The cover used to be a screen to keep the heat out of the car. For if you have to park you’re car in the sun.

Thank you all. Just never thought my coop would be of interest for you all 5 years ago because originally it was a cheap prefab. I did write an article about the run I build (party run made from the skeleton of an old 3 x 3 meter party tent).

Chicken run made from gala or party tent | BackYard ...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/chicken-run-made-from-gala-or-party-tent.71982

I added a summer coop 5 years ago because the chickens needed more space when they where locked in, early mornings. The prefab just got too small for my 3 small bantam hens with 6 chicks (wanted to keep 3 pullets) growing up. Over the years I made some adjustments. It has been a 5 year developing proces. 😁

We rented a house in Germany, near to Basel, Switzerland. Its beautiful here, lots of fresh air, sunny 😎, people are very friendly and we even have chickens next door. Next week we go to the Alps if Corona doesn’t mess up our holidays. But all seems under control in W-Europe now except where people have been partying 🥳 to close and where labour circumstances are not okay.

Back
Top Bottom