1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fancier in Training

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kinmera, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Kinmera

Kinmera Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2014
    Falconer, NY
    Hello All!

While I am new to BYC I am not new to raising chickens. I've had multiple varieties of chickens for the last 12 years. My family however has now settled on just a few varieties to raise as both 4-H projects and with the goal of getting into the exhibition and breeding to APA standard line of fun.
    I am the proud momma of a 9 year old daughter & a 7 year old son. \

I am the proud Momma Hen of an assorted laying flock of about 60 (Silver-laced wyandottes, Partridge Plymouth Rocks, Black Australorps, Cinnamon Queens, a blue andalusian, and an assortment of crossbreds that I hatched.) These girls are being phased out as I have finally found an APA quality breeder of Blue Orpingtons. I am still hunting for an affordable quality breeder of Black and White Orpingtons. I am interested in American Orpingtons.

Our 4-H project birds:
    3 Black Sumatras, 3 Black Wyandotte Bantams, & 2 White Wyandotte Bantams which my daughter cares for. We are looking for LF Black & Blue Sumatra breeders as my daughter is expressing interest in increasing her flock size and showing competitively.
    My son cares for 5 White Plymouth Rocks which we are also looking to expand.

I am also dabbling with a cross between a White Plymouth Rock Roo and Partridge Rock Hens. I had 4 beautiful pullets hatch from this cross last year - A beautiful blue partridge rock (blue where the partridge is red, white in place of black). They may never be considered a "show" bird, but they're beautiful and I am hoping they turn out to be a good dual purpose bird.

I am the chair of the Cattaraugus County 4H Poultry program here in WNY. I oversee exhibition fowl, market chickens, and market turkey projects.

I look forward to working and hanging out with all of you!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

glad you joined some of us crazy people here! in Washington state!
    [​IMG][​IMG] Å

3. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hi there, [​IMG] and welcome to BYC!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures in life!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Take a look at hinckjcpoultry.com. They are located in NE Pa. and have some nice orpingtons.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] It's great that the kids are so involved

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by