Fancy Chickens Thread. Show Off Those Fancy Birds!!!

Mixed hens, or pure light brahma hen. Dad would be bark brahma, or mixed roosters. None in witch have beards, so I don't know we're he got his beard.

He doses, the only EE I had was lavender but she was a chick when my bark brahma died.
Here's my boy and light brahma hen.
View attachment 2521518
Here's my girls I had him in with. Well I guess some of the girls have small beards, the beards aren't like full beards.
Beards are a dominant trait. Even a small beard can and will be passed on. It looks like you have a couple silkie mix hens, a couple d’uccle mix hens, a silkie hen, and a mixed breed barred rooster with a beard. One of his parents must be one of those bearded chickens, and the other is most likely a brahma.
Your rooster is sort of medium/silkie-sized, right? Is he larger than the bantam brahmas?

Beards are a dominant trait. Even a small beard can and will be passed on. It looks like you have a couple silkie mix hens, a couple d’uccle mix hens, a silkie hen, and a mixed breed barred rooster with a beard. One of his parents must be one of those bearded chickens, and the other is most likely a brahma.
Your rooster is sort of medium/silkie-sized, right? Is he larger than the bantam brahmas?
Yes he is the size of a brahma bantam. I might just put all my hens with beards in a pen breed them to a dark brahma roo, ( when I get a new one), and see if I get any like him.

Yes he is the size of a brahma bantam. I might just put all my hens with beards in a pen breed them to a dark brahma roo, ( when I get a new one), and see if I get any like him.
Really? He looks a bit larger than a Brahma bantam. My guess is that the blue silkie mix is the mother due to their similar body and tail shape.

My former fancy chickens. I missed them.
23CADB79-7A53-4E09-960A-582447A40C4E.jpeg
E7156E0D-F461-41BE-8FF2-18E2E3B0FE91.jpeg

Trying this again. These photos aren't as good as the original ones I was trying to do.

My bantam frizzle, not sure on breed.

IMG_1538.jpeg

My cockerel Feathers. (Birchen Cochin bantam x light Brahma)

IMG_1564.jpeg
IMG951612.jpg

Another young cockerel I used to have. (Cuckoo Marans x EE)

IMG_20200629_150128.jpg

A few blue wheaten Ameraucanas I used to have.

BlueAmeraucana.jpg
Blue.jpg
Daisy Is the best.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_20200629_150255.jpg

My BOOF (mutt with blue Jersey giant father and faverolles background.)

IMG_1840.jpeg
Lavender by red wall.jpeg

My pullet Scary.

Scary Today.jpg
Scary adorable.jpg
Scary.jpg

Not sure if this is the right Forum for this.

Here you can show off your Fancy Chickens. Exotic Breeds, Fancy Purebreds, & Fancy crossbreeds, even your project birds.

Remember to have fun, & be respectful to one another?
On the left, some of my fresh hatched (sourced from FoxFireFarmsLLC Poultry N Idaho) Chicks. Silver Orp on upper right is not the only stunner. I'll try to add vid and pics of an apparent pair od Ayam Cemani Mosaic crosses. SO frisky, tiny and adorable. 1 rests lower left. Rt pic is Crowella deVille, our fussy Exchequer Leghorn, ordered as a day old from Meyer.

Attachments

• 20210209_072022_HDR~3.jpg
    20210209_072022_HDR~3.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201112_140713.jpg
    20201112_140713.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom