Farm chatter

@HuffleClaw too
Would you recommend them for me? The blue eggs are pretty, they're allegedly a good laying rate, and I hear they're reasonably not stupid as far as free ranging is concerned (predator adverse & good foragers).
I would definitely recommend them. They are smart birds. I unfortunately cannot free range them because my guineas attack them. Although I will say my rooster has stood up to them many times. So he’s a pretty good flock protector. But I have waaaaay too many guineas for him to be able to fight all of them off.

I would definitely recommend them. They are smart birds. I unfortunately cannot free range them because my guineas attack them. Although I will say my rooster has stood up to them many times. So he’s a pretty good flock protector. But I have waaaaay too many guineas for him to be able to fight all of them off.
I'm wondering if id have issues with my "watered down American game birds"

so obviously hens lay eggs even if you keep taking them out of the nest, but is there a point where theyd notice? Like I just found a nest (depression in the dirt and leaves) of 7 fresh eggs, pulled 6 and put it all back how I found it. I just went back to it to take a pic for BYC and the 1 egg I left has been rolled out of the nest. I'm hoping it was someone else messing with her nest and not her coming back and being like WTH! I'd like her to keep laying there haha. The spot itself is irrelevant, I just wanna know where it is so I super hope she doesnt ditch it.

My housemate has named this pullet and her cockrell Henrietta and Henry. The only defining feature, afaik is that they're the only 'group' that walks around as just 1 boy 1 girl.

Also no idea if it's just Henrietta or even Henrietta at all, but the reason I looked around there was because housemate said Henrietta frequented that area.

Attachments

• 20201127_144828.jpg
    20201127_144828.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201127_144841.jpg
    20201127_144841.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 2
Get to a place of financial security
Gonna just jump in here with a blog that has some really good info on this.
MrMoneyMustache.com
Start with the beginning of the blog. If I had read this 30 years ago and followed his advice, I would have retired 10-15 years ago. There are a lot of FIRE (financial independence, retire early) blogs now. His was one of the first. It's also one of the best written ones I've read.

Attack. Haha what an awesome name! :lol:
Does the name reflect his/her personality?

P.s can't be bothered to read the previous pages of 💩
Well he’s gonna look like this as an adult (pic from internet) he’s a flarry eye gray.
1606509025932.jpeg

I forgot to add, I named him that because he’s gonna look scary, it fits his looks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom