1620235769264.png
And the female...couldn't get a good pic of her because she is very shy:
1620235789569.png
1620235797986.png
The male on the bottom and female on the top:
1620235816648.png
I'm breeding them!
big smile.gif

So I’m wanting to keep algae really low in my tank, I’ve heard there are lots of algae eaters to choose from, the best being cherry shrimp. However, I’ve also heard that the shorter finned and more energetic Bettas will go after them and eat them. That’s okay with me as long as all my Betta does is keep the population down and not waste all my money. Anyway, is it a bad idea to dive right in (pun intended) and get the cherry shrimp and the Betta together before I get the hang of what I’m doing?
Do not get any sort of algae eater until you have algae in the tank for them to eat. And cherry shrimp usually will not eat algae off the sides or decor. They will eat uneaten food that falls to the bottom but not algae so much. Snails make great algae eaters but some multiply like crazy! And please do not get your betta the same day you get the tank. Get the tank all set up and running properly, before you get a betta. Much less stressful for the betta

Do not get any sort of algae eater until you have algae in the tank for them to eat. And cherry shrimp usually will not eat algae off the sides or decor. They will eat uneaten food that falls to the bottom but not algae so much. Snails make great algae eaters but some multiply like crazy! And please do not get your betta the same day you get the tank. Get the tank all set up and running properly, before you get a betta. Much less stressful for the betta
Oh!! Yes!! Make sure to cycle your tank! Before getting a fish!!! Also make sure that any live plants take root properly- you can do this while cycling your tank and it's waay easier to deal with them when there isn't a fish.

Back
Top Bottom