Farm chatter

She lives in a small terrarium with moss and 1 hide / basking area. I still haven’t decided if I should get a new (bigger) terrarium or let her go
I don't know anything about reptiles so maybe I shouldn't advise on what to do :lol: but I know that someone (was it @duckiemum ?) had anoles that I think had been captured from the wild.

I am terribly lost, anyone care to fill me in again? Sorry, lol. Are we still stuck on cows with hats or have we moved on? 😂
How is JadeFarms doing? I broke my left arm riding one time too. Ok, I was not riding, I was a passenger hanging on for dear life. The horse I was riding just had a halter with a lead rope tied through the rings as reins, and he spooked and ran. The rope came loose, and swished around his legs which scared him worse. I slowed him to a canter, using mostly my seat. That was a fun task. Then the rope came all the way loose and fell off. This horse was short, only 13 hands (ok, I guess he was a pony technically) and he saw the other horses he was stables with in the pasture. He was going to try to clear the fence. The fence was tall, one of those big metal gates. He never would have made it, and he probably would have balked and threw me over it. He also had no jumping training. I decided to bail into the ditch. I slowed him down the most I could and jumped off. I ended up pinching my left arm under my on left side somehow, and it broke it. I thought it was just sprained. The horse stopped by the gate, and I went to catch him quick. He was ok. I took him home. We were in the middle of nowhere, and the closest hospital was over an hour away. I just iced it. When we went home a week later I went to the doctor, and he said it was pretty messed up from me having to use it all week. It healed ok in the end though. So.... At least you got to go to the hospital right away :idunno lol.
I was a lot younger, and there's probably more I could have done to stop him. I didn't think of it at the time though, it was all kind of a rush. Lol.

I am terribly lost, anyone care to fill me in again? Sorry, lol. Are we still stuck on cows with hats or have we moved on? 😂
How is JadeFarms doing? I broke my left arm riding one time too. Ok, I was not riding, I was a passenger hanging on for dear life. The horse I was riding just had a halter with a lead rope tied through the rings as reins, and he spooked and ran. The rope came loose, and swished around his legs which scared him worse. I slowed him to a canter, using mostly my seat. That was a fun task. Then the rope came all the way loose and fell off. This horse was short, only 13 hands (ok, I guess he was a pony technically) and he saw the other horses he was stables with in the pasture. He was going to try to clear the fence. The fence was tall, one of those big metal gates. He never would have made it, and he probably would have balked and threw me over it. He also had no jumping training. I decided to bail into the ditch. I slowed him down the most I could and jumped off. I ended up pinching my left arm under my on left side somehow, and it broke it. I thought it was just sprained. The horse stopped by the gate, and I went to catch him quick. He was ok. I took him home. We were in the middle of nowhere, and the closest hospital was over an hour away. I just iced it. When we went home a week later I went to the doctor, and he said it was pretty messed up from me having to use it all week. It healed ok in the end though. So.... At least you got to go to the hospital right away :idunno lol.
I was a lot younger, and there's probably more I could have done to stop him. I didn't think of it at the time though, it was all kind of a rush. Lol.
No cows are yesterday. You will find turtles with top hats waiting to become your avatar on page 196 I think

We've moved on to turtles with hats now, but I'm still with my trusty hat cow. @JadeFarms is doing better, thankfully! That's quite a horse story!!! Why were you riding him with a halter and lead rope instead of a bridle and reins?

We've moved on to turtles with hats now, but I'm still with my trusty hat cow. @JadeFarms is doing better, thankfully! That's quite a horse story!!! Why were you riding him with a halter and lead rope instead of a bridle and reins?
Lol! Ok! This is kind of a lousy excuse and I should have known better, but I was 9 so... My dad had been leading him and then asked if I wanted to try on my own. I said sure, (
shame.gif
)
And then he spooked. My dad had gone inside to go to the bathroom or something, and he didn't find out what happened until I came back. It was a whole series of bad decisions... Lol

Back
Top Bottom