Farm chatter

Haha, thank you! It was I think $250 to build, but we got all new materials. It would probably fit 4 adult ducks, that's a total guess though. I can get measurements later if you want! I have a pic of some juvenile ducks in it somewhere too. The baby in the pic I posted is a gosling, so that shows some scale.
Oh wow nice! I’d love more pics but it’s up to you :D. I’d just like to build Something small to go along with my new coop because I’m trying to plan ahead for if I need to separate my drakes if I can’t get people to sex them and I sexed them wrong.

Good morning. Today's the day I get my stitches removed.
good! congratulations!
I’m not naming a hen Donald 🤣

I did keep ducks before. I’m researching run size and deciding on a coop.
haha
ohh okay
My mom was trying to get Monster off the table, & she started hissing, & growling at my mom.
yikes :(
I'm thinking about getting rid of the other Bantams, keeping the silkies, silkie crosses, & the Red JungleFowl hybrids. If we don't expand the coop this year.
Not really a decision I want to make, but I might have to do it.
aww okay :hugs
My dad keeps saying he doesn't have the time to add an expansion of the coop, but I know that's not true. All he wants to do is cut wood all summer, do his work at Walmart, & drink his life away. That's how it is every year.
:hugs
OMG YAY
GET LOTS AND LOTS OF SWEDISH BLUES AND CHOCOLATE RUNNERS
NAME ONE DANDELION
she can only get 3-5 (you rpobably already saw her post though)
Nope. Going to make another powerpoint trying for chicks in the fall, after I come home from camp. We can order now to keep on top of availability.
aww okay, I hope this one goes well!
Spotted in the 'People also ask' section of google:
View attachment 2495214
?????
@OneHappyRooster Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Easter Eggers
Also- does anyone have partridge cochins, splash marans, or easter eggers?
I know a lot of people have EEs :D
I know that @MGG I think it was has that gorgeous partridge cochin
yes, but I think she had a... thing? (that wasnt Meyers fault)
They're the ones that I'll get if I can.
ooh okay, do you know how many? and you said you brother wanted the splash marans, right?
Obviously I don't want them to die, but I have a backup plan.
understandable :D
Also @CHlCKEN my friend is probably getting more chicks, I told her to get a speckled sussex
yeyeyyey cool! were you convincing?
Actually I’m not gonna bother reading back haha 😂
soapbox.gif

yeah
1611072138244.png

i know youre probably not done yet, but i think it *might* help to put in some numbers? like how big they get and how many eggs they lay per week/year
Ot "Tips for selling your eggs"
yeah, I think this sounds pretty good
or "Starting a small egg buisness" or something

good! congratulations!

haha
ohh okay

yikes :(

aww okay :hugs

:hugs

she can only get 3-5 (you rpobably already saw her post though)

aww okay, I hope this one goes well!

@OneHappyRooster Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Easter Eggers

I know a lot of people have EEs :D

yes, but I think she had a... thing? (that wasnt Meyers fault)

ooh okay, do you know how many? and you said you brother wanted the splash marans, right?

understandable :D

yeyeyyey cool! were you convincing?

soapbox.gif

yeah

View attachment 2495322

i know youre probably not done yet, but i think it *might* help to put in some numbers? like how big they get and how many eggs they lay per week/year

yeah, I think this sounds pretty good
or "Starting a small egg buisness" or something
I like the idea of doing numbers.

Oh wow nice! I’d love more pics but it’s up to you :D. I’d just like to build Something small to go along with my new coop because I’m trying to plan ahead for if I need to separate my drakes if I can’t get people to sex them and I sexed them wrong.
Sure! I'll get more pics. It is a wonderful run, for all sorts of things. You could probably build it for cheaper if you already have HC and wood.
I made a trap door for moving it too, you can kind of see it in the pic. It fastens up when not in use with a latch, but when I need to move the pen, so I don't have too move the birds, I herd them into the back partion which has a floor and shut the door, so I don't have to worry about them getting out. You could also house birds in the front portion and back portion while keeping them separate if need be.
Here are some pics.
My goofy little brother next to it a few years ago when we built it (baby goose is still inside)
Notice the latch holding the extras door up on top, and the wire floor in the back partion for the birds to stand on while it's moved.
1611073233212.png

Mallards in it (I raised them in it and it worked amazing.
20190901_150909_HDR~2.jpg

15 Bobwhite Quail living in it last winter. They lived in there for about 8 months. You can see the latch in this pic on the top.
20200425_192758_HDR.jpg
Quail pen shut.
20200425_192951_HDR.jpg

Some guinea keets in the run, with chicks sectioned off in the back using the extra door.
20200729_110935.jpg

I've brooded/raised/housed so many animals in this pen. It is very secure and works great. I fill a kiddie pool and keep it in there for ducks, which they absolutely love.

Back
Top Bottom