Farm chatter

I know nothing about chickens, other than basic care, so I thought it was worth a ask

my dad also told me they could.. change genders, but he didn't know how.

He said that our hens where stressed because there was no rooster and they where trying to make up for it.
Nope, they can't change gender. I used to believe that at some point though.

Hens don't need a rooster, & stress can be brought up by a lot of other factors. Like over crowding, boredom, a move, & loss of a flock mate.

Nope, they can't change gender. I used to believe that at some point though.

Hens don't need a rooster, & stress can be brought up by a lot of other factors. Like over crowding, boredom, a move, & loss of a flock mate.

they aren't stressed, they show none of the signs

they starting molting early and my dad said it was stress, but there are no other signs.

interesting though, thanks! :D

Before I add a cover to this run, I need to add a gate so I can add run litter.
20201120_141546.jpg

they aren't stressed, they show none of the signs

they starting molting early and my dad said it was stress, but there are no other signs.

interesting though, thanks! :D
Stress can cause a molt, but I suspect that its just a late molt.

The bantam coop needs an expansion, which is the only one that's maxed out right now.

I'll be building a coop this year for the Malays, & Sumatras. The design is a breeding coop, which is divided into sections for separate breeds.

Bantam coop expansion is possible to get done in one day, a gate will have to be built the next day, because I think we're out of hinges, & latches.
Oh well that’s good then. Hope you can get it all built.

Oh well that’s good then. Hope you can get it all built.
Won't be that hard. It was actually expanded at one point, but my grandpa for some odd reason thought it would be a good idea to take it down, & throw in a garden patch in the area.

I think that was like 3-4 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom