Farm chatter

Yep, that sounds right for a 2.5, but @HappyClucker7 can you check?
So I don't need a filter?
Bettas are tropical fish, which means that they do best in water that is around 75-80 degrees fahrenheit. Unless Missouri has a really hot climate (I've never been but I don't think it does), you'll probably need a heater for your tank :p
Ok. Ordering a heater.
No worries!! You're learning. For better advice than mine, I'm on this fish forum (ish) (not really) (but I WAS and it was super helpful) (here's my betta thread)

UghhhhhhHHh Im the worst!

This is where I fail....I'm pretty sure that I've read that you don't want undergravel ones, but maybe in a smaller tank? @HappyClucker7 @RiverOtter

If my tank is small enough that a water change is good enough, I won't buy a filter until I have a bigger tank so I don't have to buy two.

How did my fish live for so long with no heat? :th

If my tank is small enough that a water change is good enough, I won't buy a filter until I have a bigger tank so I don't have to buy two.

How did my fish live for so long with no heat? :th
1619145297556.png

These things are hekkin hardy, if they can live for a while in this ^^^ then I'm not surprised that whatever you had, even without heat, was livable, but they'll be happier with a heater.

View attachment 2630856
These things are hekkin hardy, if they can live for a while in this ^^^ then I'm not surprised that whatever you had, even without heat, was livable, but they'll be happier with a heater.

Our house is set at 75. If I add some warm water to her tank will she be OK while I wait to get a heater? I cannot get one til Friday.

Just pretend that you were planning to get one but didn't find good info and now need help

Don't think I am, but can't control that

I have four types of animals, don't think that I can't lol

ugh, I'm just going to get her a filter now with my 10 dollars and get her enrichment later. She wont die of boredom but she will die of cold

So, @chickentrains, you have a betta in a 2.5 gallon, no heater, no filter, correct? Which heater are you getting? Adjustable heaters are the best, but I'm not sure if they make ones for tanks that small.
You should really have a filter in your tank. That is where most of the beneficial bacteria live and grow in order to maintain your cycle.
That filter does not look like a good one. I would recommend a small sponge filter.
Could you post a picture of your tank, so I can give you some ideas on how to make it better for your betta?
Also, are you planning on getting a bigger tank at some point? Bettas actually do swim a lot, and love having a lot of space.

So, @chickentrains, you have a betta in a 2.5 gallon, no heater, no filter, correct? Which heater are you getting? Adjustable heaters are the best, but I'm not sure if they make ones for tanks that small.
You should really have a filter in your tank. That is where most of the beneficial bacteria live and grow in order to maintain your cycle.
That filter does not look like a good one. I would recommend a small sponge filter.
Could you post a picture of your tank, so I can give you some ideas on how to make it better for your betta?
Also, are you planning on getting a bigger tank at some point? Bettas actually do swim a lot, and love having a lot of space.

Yes.

I will get a sponge filter from walmart, I was thinking this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqueon-Mini-Heater-for-Aquariums-Under-2-5-Gallons/916961950

I cant get a photo rn

Back
Top Bottom