Farm chatter

Noooooooo :(
But which dog is that? You guys have three, right? I need a bit of a refresher lol
sorry lol
we have 4. benjen who is mine.
freya, ludo and cadeyrn that are my SO's.
freya and benjen live in the house.
ludo and cadeyrn live in a fenced in section of yard.
it seems if birds venture into their yard, bad things happen.
ludo has shown prey drive a lot whenever we have baby animals inside - staring at them excessively and reaching with his mouth once.
cadeyrn hasn't.
but they were both outside when ludwig was attacked so no one actually knows.

1620321099943.png

feelin pretty proud of this

Is there a way to stop birds from getting into the dog place? Could you put netting over it or something?
make smarter birds? lol
I was considering if maybe we could increase the height of the fence. the chickens more than likely only come in from one side but the peacocks can come in on any side and it's a big yard. I was wondering about electric fencing maybe. the kind we have would just electrify the top (or wherever we put the wire) but idk, if a bird lands on top and gets shocked, I feel like its 50/50 what side they fall back on in their panic. so I could just be trapping birds with dogs instead. but also I care a bit less about losing chickens than peacocks so idk if I'd go through all that effort to not peacock-proof it, yknow? SO is thinking about setting a trap for the dogs, like caging a chicken in their yard & having shock collars on them so when they go at it they can have the fear of God put in them. but that requires getting shock collars that actually work on long-haired dogs (we probably have them somewhere and just need to find and test them). I'm sure I'll think of something else to say the second I hit post. lol.

I'm not for abusing dogs over normal potatoes, but killing other animals calls for more extreme measures, unfortunately

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom