Farm chatter

tomorrow I'm gunna eggtopsy the pea egg since its been like 5 weeks :(

I havent been able to see veining or anything at any point but it's got a well defined air sac and it's not sloshy or green-tinted so *shrugs*

My grandpa is losing it, & is complaining about the birds, & how many eggs we have been getting. We knocked the flock down partly due to this reason, but nothing satisfies this old man.

I removed 6 hens, & a rooster from this equation. No longer getting 32 eggs. We're now getting between 18 - 25 eggs which was our usual number. The count is including the 3 Guinea hens. We get 4 eggs out of 3 Guinea hens, so someone is a double layer. Red The Turkey also adds an egg every once in awhile, so.

He shouldn't be complaining, he is supplied with free Chicken, & eggs, so yeah. He just turned 87.

I don't want to get old 😅 .

Last edited:
He did tell us, we can do whatever we wanted with the property, since it's our house too. (My Dad's Name Is On The Deed)
So with his word I can put up another coop, but he keeps stalling.

So yeah, we're down to 54 chickens. So 59 birds total if you include the 4 remaining Guineas, & the Bourbon Red Turkey.

I'm only counting the adult birds.

Chick numbers are.

7 Malays

4 Orpingtons, 4 D'uccles, 1 Silkie.

4 project Giant Silkie chicks

So 20 chicks total.

The D'uccles I'm trying to find homes for, & the silkies will most likely will be going to a new home.

If the D'uccle chicks can't find homes with the rest of the Bantams, they'll be butchered along with them.

Back
Top Bottom