Farm chatter

Actually Chinese Silkies have things we consider Flaws here in the US. Single comb, & missing toes is a couple of them. Chinese silkies are also Large Fowl, rooster's being 4lbs, or over, & hens being 3lbs, & over.
TSC silkies fit the original Chinese silkies, & are what I'm using for my project.

Single combs also pop up in Show Stock occasionally. It's a recessive trait.

Here's my Large Fowl Silkie rooster.
View attachment 2730653View attachment 2730656View attachment 2730659My LF Silkie Hen. She lost about a pound. She's broody. She was originally 4¼.View attachment 2730664View attachment 2730665
Wow, so I was correct? TSC Silkies are basically Chinese Silkies? Wow.

I love the scales! I always wanted to put my chickens on a scale! Unfortunately, my scales are either for weighing food, or people. I'm not allowed to weigh live chickens on the food scales, and the people scales, they won't pick up the chickens weight.
My F1, Giant Silkie Rooster. He's LF Silkie X Brahma.
View attachment 2730668View attachment 2730669His F2, offspring.View attachment 2730670View attachment 2730671View attachment 2730673View attachment 2730674These Guys are from the Back Crossing I done.
Your birds are all so beautiful! :love :love :love :love
Those chicks are now 4 weeks old, & just about the same size as the 2½ week old Turkey poults.
Cool!

Wow, so I was correct? TSC Silkies are basically Chinese Silkies? Wow.

I love the scales! I always wanted to put my chickens on a scale! Unfortunately, my scales are either for weighing food, or people. I'm not allowed to weigh live chickens on the food scales, and the people scales, they won't pick up the chickens weight.

Your birds are all so beautiful! :love :love :love :love

Cool!
Pretty much.

The scale is an Old Food Scale I'm using. Thanks.

Thanks.

I would let you take one of our Silkie Roosters, but you're pretty far from us.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/silkie-rooster-needs-new-home-michigan.1475060/
Yeah, a little too far. :( He's gorgeous though. Reminds me of Guapo. He was one of my two TSC Silkies sons. He had a comb similar to that. I had re-homed him because I picked his brother Benz for my Church Birds flock. Benz replaced his father, Beemer, until I had to re-home all the Church Birds.

Yeah, a little too far. :( He's gorgeous though. Reminds me of Guapo. He was one of my two TSC Silkies sons. He had a comb similar to that. I had re-homed him because I picked his brother Benz for my Church Birds flock. Benz replaced his father, Beemer, until I had to re-home all the Church Birds.
You had a rooster like Pancake? Neat.

Back
Top Bottom