Farm chatter

Here's the Project Giant Silkie Chick's at 4 weeks old.
A bottle of Nutridrench to show the size of one of the chicks.
20210623_130755.jpg
20210623_131128.jpg
20210623_131449.jpg
20210623_131827.jpg

Guess what, @MysteryChicken! My Mom came home today with some eggs from my neighbors that had a rooster! I got my Maisy (hen in my avvy, the hen that I was telling you that was broody) all setted up with nine of the eggs. (She's a small hen, so I couldn't safely put the full dozen under her without worrying that all the eggs would get the correct heat.) There was some EE eggs in there, and I put all of those under her. Oh! I'm so excited! I don't even know any of the breeds except for the color of the eggs. I'm wondering what'll hatch. Hatch date is July 14 and I can't wait!

Guess what, @MysteryChicken! My Mom came home today with some eggs from my neighbors that had a rooster! I got my Maisy (hen in my avvy, the hen that I was telling you that was broody) all setted up with nine of the eggs. (She's a small hen, so I couldn't safely put the full dozen under her without worrying that all the eggs would get the correct heat.) There was some EE eggs in there, and I put all of those under her. Oh! I'm so excited! I don't even know any of the breeds except for the color of the eggs. I'm wondering what'll hatch. Hatch date is July 14 and I can't wait!
Don't count the day you placed them under the broody.

9 is a good number. I can fit 15 under my sister's LF Silkie hen, Fluffy.

Can't wait to see what hatches.

Oh. I never knew that. Ah, man an extra day to wait. :hmm

Wow. That's a lot. I've never been able to put that many eggs under a hen before. Most, was 13, and one or two ended up breaking.

Same here!
Yep, you count the day after you place the eggs under a broody, or in an incubator.

Here's Fluffy. Still quite a few.
1118191026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom