Farm chatter

Maybe you two could meet in the middle...?

TSC near me uses Townline Hatchery in Zeeland. So does a feed store near me too.

The chicks I got there last year (March 2020) seem to be ok, for quality. Definitely not anything to show. 3 Black Australorps who are now hens, and a Buff Orp who is my roo.

The chicks I got this last June were from The Chick Depot, because I wanted Blue Australorps. I only got 2, because that's all that hatched successfully for my pickup date. So I got 2 Jubilee Orps because that's all she had that were the same hatch date that were sexed pullets. One of the Jubilees died the first night, unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see the differences between the two sources of chickens when the pullets are older and laying.
I wouldn't want to show, I just don't want a chance of mixed up chicks (ESPECIALLY not cornish x and leghorns, which seems to happen a lot- I'd be devastated if I got cornish x instead of leghorns) because I spend a lot of time thinking about the breeds that I'd like to get.

TSC surely does not have the best reputation when it comes to chicks. If you're not looking for something specific and aren't looking for anything more than hatchery quality, they do fill a niche in the market.

I "got started" with TSC chicks, probably like a lot of people. Not sure if I'll get any more there (it wouldn't be till next spring anyway), but they're close, I don't have to worry about shipping, and well, Black Australorp chicks are so darn cute...

How to make a very nutritious and delicious trail mix: raisins. chocolate chips. mini marshmallows. big marshmallows. weird fake snowman/christmas tree/not good marshmallows. dried mangos. gram crackers with chocolate on one side. very healthy.

How to make a very nutritious and delicious trail mix: raisins. chocolate chips. mini marshmallows. big marshmallows. weird fake snowman/christmas tree/not good marshmallows. dried mangos. gram crackers with chocolate on one side. very healthy.
OMG PUTTING DRIED MANGO IN TRAIL MIX IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA

I'd probably go for:
raisins
chocolate chips
mini marshmallows
animal crackers
dried mango bits
dried apricot bits

I hate raisins.

Back
Top Bottom