Farm chatter

Trail mix from when we went backpacking was raisins and peanut M&Ms. You didn't have to touch it, just pour some in your mouth. That was important when you probably had dirty hands and no way to wash them, and it might be warm enough to make chocolate chips melt. Plus, it was sugar, fat, and protein, so it kept you going.

The walks were nice, but I don't miss sleeping on the ground or carrying 45 pounds on my back. DH used to carry 60-70.

Trail mix from when we went backpacking was raisins and peanut M&Ms. You didn't have to touch it, just pour some in your mouth. That was important when you probably had dirty hands and no way to wash them, and it might be warm enough to make chocolate chips melt. Plus, it was sugar, fat, and protein, so it kept you going.

The walks were nice, but I don't miss sleeping on the ground or carrying 45 pounds on my back. DH used to carry 60-70.
oooh I forgot M&Ms

No roosters for me!

Trail mix: dried cranberries and pineapple, cashews and almonds and shredded coconut--yum
Why no roosters for you?
20210915_134218.jpg

hubby says no way...lol. it is all about compromise at this point since we are new to chickens. took 3 years of gently hinting to get the first group of ladies. but only 3 days to get him to say yes to a 2nd coop. so I will get there, one day
Why did he not want chickens?

We have 3 large coops. Planning to build a coop next year for my Sumatras, which are an Exotic Chicken breed.

Why did he not want chickens?

We have 3 large coops. Planning to build a coop next year for my Sumatras, which are an Exotic Chicken breed.
not that he didn't want them, he felt we didn't have time--which we (and by we I mean me) probably didn't. but now working from home for over a year and our kids are bigger it wasn't as hard of a sell.

I will have 3 coops by spring, lol. Go big, right?

Back
Top Bottom