Farm Day/Chicken Swap - Tractor Supply Co., Sanford, Maine

i had a decent day at the swap this time! sold the trio i brought of 2 EE pullets and the mixed cockerel i had the last time. good to see he's getting a home! sold the egg crates too!

Bob, how may roos/cockerels did you end up taking home by the end of the swap? i was really tempted to take that sweet silkie cockerel that MomOfDrew brought (not the other 2 bigger boys but the small gray with red streaks). if you or your wife decide to rehome him let me know and i will see what i can do.

Chickie'sMoma :

i had a decent day at the swap this time! sold the trio i brought of 2 EE pullets and the mixed cockerel i had the last time. good to see he's getting a home! sold the egg crates too!

Bob, how may roos/cockerels did you end up taking home by the end of the swap? i was really tempted to take that sweet silkie cockerel that MomOfDrew brought (not the other 2 bigger boys but the small gray with red streaks). if you or your wife decide to rehome him let me know and i will see what i can do.

Let's see ..... I believe 7. Joe took a bunch from me and I took a silkie roo he had, so I went home with 3. This week I didn't have anything to sell but bought a pair of cameo peafowl.

Have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet might raise them up some and then offer them for sale again.

bob​

It's September and the Farm Day swap is still going strong. With new people stopping by to buy, sell & ask questions the fun never stops.

Tibbetts Family Farm produce has been a hit at the swap and I've noticed people driving by has been stopping in to check us out.

I can't tell you how great this year has been with all the wonderful people coming to sell and showing their support for the swap. If you haven't been to a swap now is the time to check it out.

The swap will continue until and including the first 2 weeks in October. With weather permitting the Sanford TSC swaps will have 3 more weeks to buy & sell for the 2011 season.

003-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-6.jpg

011-6.jpg

013-4.jpg

014-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

FarmDaySept102011006-4.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the photo's.

bob

Quote:
Let's see ..... I believe 7. Joe took a bunch from me and I took a silkie roo he had, so I went home with 3. This week I didn't have anything to sell but bought a pair of cameo peafowl.

Have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet might raise them up some and then offer them for sale again.

bob

ooooh! peafowl! wish i was there to see those!

I got my chicks at the Sanford TSC swap back in June and they are wonderful! I just wanted to say "thanks" to all of you who work so hard to organize these events. It was such fun for my 6 year old & I and, judging by the photos posted today, has gotten MUCH bigger since the one I was at.
Hopefully I will be there next year, not just to get some new friends for the yard, but with ducklings from my trio of Anconas.
Great job this year, and if anyone is going to have Angora bunnies at the next few swaps, I'm in the market for two young ones to add to my hobby farm so I can get spinning!

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I'll most likely bring those cameo peafowl's to the next Saturday's swap along with a few roosters (if I can catch them) and a Gray japanese bantam rooster.

bob

The Oct 1st Farm Day swap will be CANCELED due to 70% chance of rain that has been forecasted for this Saturday.

The next swap date is October 8th.

I guess our luck ran out with all that good weather we've had this past summer.

See ya at the next swap.

bob

Quote:
Stano, I bought two adorable blue bantam cochins back in June/July from a younger gentleman with lots of birds for sale. We found out one was a rooster and he said he'd swap it out if I learned it was a Roo. Are you getting the same people as earlier this summer?
If I can't find him, I'm looking to place a pair of cochins, male and female, about 4 months old now. Great feathers, maybe a good breeding pair. I can't have a rooster in town, and before the neighbors get bent out of shape I'd like to place them in a new home, or swap for two females...
If you know of anyone where tomorrows swap is being cancelled I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Dani in Kennebunk

i know which guy you are talking about and i was wondering if he was on the message boards. i have 3 of his sweet little buff cochins and i wanted him to take a look at them to help me figure out if one is a cockerel or if they just tend to look more orange in the comb than you'd expect at this age (4-5 weeks)

Back
Top Bottom