Farm fresh eggs

Don't try to boil fresh eggs, wait until they are a week or more older. They will peel much easier then.

But if you gotta have hard boiled fresh eggs, sorry, can't help you there.

You know, I tried ALL these things and I still had the same problem, ice didn't help at all, nor did salt. Now I leave the eggs in the fridge for at least a week before I boil them, a little old lady told me to do this, she used to have chickens a million years ago. After that I start in cold water, bring to boil, boil for a minute or 2, shut off heat, leave on lid for 20 minutes rinse with cool tap water and peel. No problems then.

Works for me
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Its been a long time since I researched this but this is what I remember from my reading. As the egg ages it shrinks inside the shell, pulling the membrane with it. Also, the air sac at one end of the egg expands with age.(At least, that is what I think that I read LOL)

I have always thought that the eggs in grocery stores must have sat awhile to be so easy to peel.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but why do my green eggs peel much better than my brown eggs? To me there should be NO difference, an eggs an egg, but the green are super easy no matter how old they are. The brown are the pits unless I'm real careful with the ice water etc. I was told to crack the shell before you put them in the ice water. Works pretty well.

Quote:
It's because they are fresh. The older eggs maybe a week old or so are much easier to peel. I'm not sure why except that they are. I had an older lady who has had chickens for years tell me this.

Back
Top Bottom