Farm Innovations Incubator 4250

NevadaEmma

Songster
Mar 24, 2021
This is the first time I have used the Farm Innovations 4250 incubator. My usual incubator is the Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 which I have had for a couple of years with little complaint.

I set 42 Salmon Faverolles eggs in the 4250. When I first candled them I removed about 10 that I thought probably were not viable.

Day 21 came and I had one egg pipping, then a couple more. Over the next 2 few days 3 chicks hatched and are now under the Comfort Heating plate.

I assisted one egg that was struggling and it finally hatched yesterday and assisted another one this morning that I thought might have a dry membrane. It is still struggling. A couple more have pipped but do not appear to be too active.

I have incubated many eggs using the Nurture Right with the same hens and the same roosters. I realize there are many factors involved, but a hatch rate of 3 out of 30 some seems curious.

Any one have experiences with this incubator?

So, the almost ending for the Farmers Innovations 4250.

The end results are three apparently healthy chicks, one that I will tend to and hopefully it will survive to a good life. This out of 42 eggs set. I cracked open the eggs that had not hatched and 15 out of 20 contained almost fully formed chicks. Some had the membrane on the large end collapsed and stuck to the chick. Others just had not fully formed.

The ones that hatched late all had leg, toe and balance problems. One died after hatching. I am so upset, I have never had this happen and do not like culling the chicks unless they just will not form properly.

The incubator is being returned to Amazon. Once I hatch the 6 goose eggs that I have in the other incubator, I will place more chicken eggs in it to see if there may be a fertility problem or something else I can identify.

The only thing I can think of with the 4250 is that the humidity plummeted one morning. I do not know how long it had been that low (40%). The humidity had been fairly constant until and after that day.

So, the almost ending for the Farmers Innovations 4250.

The end results are three apparently healthy chicks, one that I will tend to and hopefully it will survive to a good life. This out of 42 eggs set. I cracked open the eggs that had not hatched and 15 out of 20 contained almost fully formed chicks. Some had the membrane on the large end collapsed and stuck to the chick. Others just had not fully formed.

The ones that hatched late all had leg, toe and balance problems. One died after hatching. I am so upset, I have never had this happen and do not like culling the chicks unless they just will not form properly.

The incubator is being returned to Amazon. Once I hatch the 6 goose eggs that I have in the other incubator, I will place more chicken eggs in it to see if there may be a fertility problem or something else I can identify.

The only thing I can think of with the 4250 is that the humidity plummeted one morning. I do not know how long it had been that low (40%). The humidity had been fairly constant until and after that day.
I've tried using the farm innovator pro series 4250 (my first incubator) twice now with absolutely no luck. I believe the digital temp/humidity reader is way off on a lot of them and I've had people reach out that it has hot spots/cold spots. Some people have no problem and make it work great but I had no luck. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this experience.

I was going to ask about this myself, tried incubation 2x 41 eggs each time, different rooms after first bad hatch, 13 live chicks first hatch, 11 next hatch, most of unmatched eggs seem to have died around day 14, a few were fully formed just died before pip. Has anyone figured out how to get success with this incubator? My old little giant was set at the same time and while it’s hatches we’re also bad, more hatched from it each time🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom