Farm Innovators - My customer service experience

thehackleguy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
I recently had a bad experience with Farm Innovators customer service so decided I would pass it on so everyone can make well informed purchases.

Background: I own three GQF sportsman incubators and have over 20 years experience hatching. This winter was really harsh (as most of you know) and my hens started laying about a week before I was heading out of town. I only had a few eggs to set so I didn't want to start up one of the big incubators and have it running while I was away. I decided I would get a small incubator from my local farm store and all they had was the Farm Innovators model so I picked it up. My 3 yr old fell on the bottom when I was taking it out of the box and broke it....this is the email I sent and received from them:

me:

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased your pro series incubator with circulated air and turner. When I was taking everything out of the box my three year old fell on the bottom and broke the corner. Can you tell me if I can get a replacement bottom and how much it would cost? Thank you for your time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Farm Innovators:

I’m sorry, but we can’t replace it for personal damage. If the unit is not heating properly and you are within your 30 day warranty, then you can send it in for a replacement with your receipt and note explaining what is causing it to not heat.

Farm Innovators, Inc.
2255 Walter Glaub Dr.
Plymouth, IN 46563

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Reply:

Thank you for your communication however I didn’t ask that you replace it. I’m looking to buy a replacement. If you can’t help me with that and I have to buy a whole new unit then I will just go with a different company. Thank you for your time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Farm Innovators:

We only sell to distributors. You will have to purchase a new one with the same company you purchase with before or you can go to Amazon. Com.

I did check Amazon because I figured I could get it overnighted if needed but after going through all 18 pages of search results I found that a replacement bottom was not offered.

I personally won't buy anything else from Farm Innovators based on this experience.

I will say that I used duct tape on the bottom tray and the incubator functioned fine for the week I was gone and the eggs are safe and sound in my Sportsman for the remainder of the process.

Likely better off anyhow. I had one years ago and it spiked horribly. They are pretty good at cooking eggs. Seems like they are a bit better these days but the best I've seen is 60% hatches as a rarity and the common spiking complaints that I experienced. Just take it back to the store you purchased it from and let farm innovators eat the replacement cost since they have no customer service to support the buyer.

Back
Top Bottom