Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by aoxa, Jan 30, 2013.

1. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Most favorite movie ever

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    I've never been up lose to a Flemish Giant...I click on all the craigslist ads that have pics attached of them though, ...and there's one down the road from me. They keep it in a fenced in yard. The thing is a MONSTER! It looks like if I stopped by to borrow a cup of sugar and looked at it wrong, the thing would royally mess me up...lol. I don't blame your husband...lol. I was taking a Californian doe to the buck pen the other day....rubbing soft bunny fur on my face...lol....when it decided to go to thrashing with it's back legs. My face looked like I got into a fight with a thorn tree and I couldn't believe nobody said anything the next day while helping coach my boy's t-ball game....[​IMG]. It'll happen again, I'm sure...[​IMG].

4. 3acres

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    I usually execute the high noon flush and bag technique for such an occasion....but I do it at dark and I don't flush and I don't bag...[​IMG]. ...or something similiar to catching wild mustangs or wildabeasts on the African planes. I have a 50ft long 28 inches high roll of wire fence I set up in a way that I can run them in...set up according to where I find them.

5. jsp28504

jsp28504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Clinton Ohio
    I have seen the Flemish Giants before, and never wanted to get close to them! But now they are living next to my barn... [​IMG]

I have learned you don't put anything with nails, claws or any kind of nature-scratchy device near your face... Thanks to a semi-feral house cat, I had to get a tetanus shot and two stitches on my cheek. Never again! I don't care how soft it is! (horses are different though, I love burring my face in their neck/main, they smell so good! ... just re-read that, little strange, but I think any horse owner/lover will agree with me on it)

6. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    You had a good reason to be singing that song! [​IMG]

Really like these two.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I actually HAD to take some pictures today! lol Got some shots of our nurse foals for Saturday's benefit.

This is Lacey, a little bay appaloosa filly. She has some spots on her rump, not many, but there's some. We recently took her to Tufts, she had been running a high fever for several days. The vet was here a couple of times, we had her on all sorts of meds, nothing worked.....so off to Tufts she went! Turned out, she had 3.2 liters of fluids around her heart and lungs! If we waited few more days, she probably wouldn't have made it. But, she's back to being fresh and feeling good!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Snow, the sickly one out of the 4 foals we had. The other two have now gone to a nice home. I think I already wrote a little bit about his story with previous pictures? He had trouble peeing and had an infected umbilical cord and such.. Poor guy. Snow also is doing very well now! He likes to take long naps in the sun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Squeeeee !!!!!! Those lil pink spotted nose and wips! Oh my god!!! I would just eat him up!

9. 3acres

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

10. Fur N Feathers

Fur N Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Great pictures everyone!

Sanna that little Snow still has my heart!!!
    Oh how right you are!!!! Not strange to me at all!!!

We have a drought here in Texas AGAIN this year and I took these pictures last year when the fires got so bad they had to bring in the helicopters. It caught the hay field on fire when the guy bailing the round bails hit a rock with the bailer and it created a spark that started the fire. This pasture shares my back fence - that's how close it was.

I thought the pictures turned out pretty good.

Coming in to a pond to suck up water to spray on the fire.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The black smoke - it was a lot darker than it came out in the pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by