Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by aoxa, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Cool!

2. jsp28504

jsp28504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Clinton Ohio
    My husband also got a pair of Flemish Giants and a barred frizzle something or other with 13 chicks. I'll try to post some photos of them tonight!

3. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Gobble gobble gobble...[​IMG]. Thanks! Nice pictures you have also!...with the dogs, puppies, chickens and such!....seems like you really like 'em!

I've pack-ratted a winter's worth of hay away, so a couple days ago I woke up singing Bruno Mar's song...today I don't feel like doing anything...nothing at all...ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo.... I sang it all day...lol. Still involved a 4 to 5 hours of chores and a couple of hours worth of house chores, but that is a day off of doing nothing....[​IMG].

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  4. 3acres

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Dust bunny...lol. Yes, the top one is a girl and the white one is a boy.....according to my ammy rabbit sexing skills...thanks good ol' internet...[​IMG]. A knowledgeable rabbit lady confirmed the buck to be a buck, but I had a crowd of people all around me staring at me trying to see if the girl was a girl, with none of them knowing how to sex them...lol. I asked one lady if she knew how to sex them and she called everybody that worked there over and even some customers....I started sweating because of being nervous with everybody looking at me inspecting that bunny rabbit...lol....so I hope she is a girl, but I'm pretty sure....she's real young yet and nobody there at the time knew how to tell. That is funny we have the same colored bunny's! It'll be awhile yet, but I'm anxious to see what colored babies come out of a cross like that. That's awesome you get to have baby rabbits out of the female you just got! I should have baby Californians right now, but haven't...I bred them with the full moon this time to see if that helps????

Very sorry to hear about your dad! Very neat pictures you posted....and stories!!!!!!!

You bet, post some photos of the frizzle family and Flemish Giants!

5. 3acres

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012

7. jsp28504

Feb 15, 2012
    Clinton Ohio
    The photos won't be as good of quality as the military ones (Nikon D700 12.1mpx) I just got a new cell phone and it only has a 3mpx but hey, a digital camera is a digital camera, right?

The (what we are guessing is) male Flemish is an angry, vicious thing! My husband, who isn't really afraid of anything, is skeered of a widdle bunn bunn (ok, it's not that little, these things have to weight 30-40#s, and is as long as my Basset hound) I don't want to be anywhere near the male, but the female is fairly timid and easy to handle.

As far as sexing rabbits, the best way we found is that they are similar to cats, from the belly to tail, a dash (-) and dot (.) are female, and a dot-space-dot are male.

I'll try to post some of my earlier military photos, that way you can see how far I progressed.

And for those wondering, it doesn't matter the equipment you use, any camera has the ability to take phenomenal photos, it all depends on when you push the button.

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I was showed in person how to sex rabbits at 4 weeks. Worked great! Sexed them all easily once I caught them.

Two boys, four girls. Kept all girls.

Now I have four babies that are 7 weeks old. How on earth am I going to catch them to re-home?

9. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    Be verwy verwy quiet, cause you're hunting wabbits?

10. jsp28504

Feb 15, 2012
    Clinton Ohio
    Or hiding from killer rabbit!!

TIM: There he is!
    ARTHUR: Where?
    TIM: There!
    ARTHUR: What, behind the rabbit?
    TIM: It is the rabbit!
    ARTHUR: You silly sod! You got us all worked up!
    TIM: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit. That's the most foul, cruel,
    and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.
    ROBIN: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!

TIM: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide, it's a
    killer!
    KNIGHT: Get stuffed!
    TIM: It'll do you a trick, mate!
    KNIGHT: Oh, yeah?
    ROBIN: You mangy Scot git!
    TIM: I'm warning you!
    ROBIN: What's he do, nibble your bum?
    TIM: He's got huge, sharp-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
    ARTHUR: Go on, Boris. Chop his head off!
    BORIS: Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!
    TIM: Look!
    [squeak]
    BORIS: Aaaugh!
    [chord]
    ARTHUR: Jesus Christ!
    TIM: I warned you!
    ROBIN: I peed again!
    TIM: I warned you! But did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all,
    didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well,
    it's always the same, I always--
    ARTHUR: Oh, shut up!
    (Sorry for the language, I pulled it right from the script...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by