Farmageddon

NHN

Songster
11 Years
Nov 24, 2008
I am a vegetarian but I believe that we all have the right to eat what we want. If I want to eat healthy that right should not be taken away from me! How is it that raw meat is OK to eat but not raw milk. Please watch this documentary and help it go viral.

Farmageddon

I can never understand why people don't get that selling raw milk is illegal. And are surprised when the cops show up.

idunno.gif

Raw milk cannot be transported/sold across state lines, that's as far the Federal law goes, if I'm recalling what I read ages ago correctly.
States themselves have different laws, from needing a waiver, to selling only for animal consumption, to needing a cow share or your own cows for raw milk.

When my sons were babies, I had raw cow's milk in a glass jug delivered to my door. They were partially raised on it. This was in Utah (we were in the Air Force and lived in Utah twice).

There is a place a few miles from me that sells raw milk now. They say "not for human consumption" in the ad. Of course, that is why most are buying it.

Last edited:
When my sons were babies, I had raw cow's milk in a glass jug delivered to my door. They were partially raised on it. This was in Utah (we were in the Air Force and lived in Utah twice).

There is a place a few miles from me that sells raw milk now. They say "not for human consumption" in the ad. Of course, that is why most are buying it.
Lots of people sell raw goats milk and advertise as for animal feed, but humans consume it.

Quote: That's it exactly, plus it must be labeled (though that may only apply federally to 'not for human consumption' raw milk, as that is what is allowed over state lines).

Last edited:
Lots of people sell raw goats milk and advertise as for animal feed, but humans consume it.

That is the only kind of milk my oldest daughter will drink regularly. She will drink skim cow milk but because she has to not because she wants to. I don't buy it but take some if someone offers it. My kids being in 4H we know lots of people with goats so not to mention their aunt has one who is nursing now and my daughter is waiting with mason jar in hand. She will be off to college this fall in western NY(farm country) hopefully she can get her fix for goat milk out there.

Back
Top Bottom