Farvolle acting strange

bridget123

Songster
7 Years
Apr 23, 2016
Hey guys, i went to work the other day everyting was fine all 4 of my hens were acting completly normal.. i came home to my farvolle talking alot but only softly and quietly, she never makes any noises at all.
I noticed she would keep following me around the yard but with none of the other girls, she usually hangs with my araucana.. i came inside and she stood in my laundry boking again.. i decided to open the back door up and let her inside now she doesnt want to go outside at all! She is currently sitting on my couch with me

The noise she is making is not a broody cluck its more like a depressed bok, is how i can explain it.
I dont understand what has happened whilst i was at work.

Any ideas?
1612399022148923894668365928530.jpg

Also another thing i have noticed she is going to bed 1 hour earlier than the others every night

Hey guys, i went to work the other day everyting was fine all 4 of my hens were acting completly normal.. i came home to my farvolle talking alot but only softly and quietly, she never makes any noises at all.
I noticed she would keep following me around the yard but with none of the other girls, she usually hangs with my araucana.. i came inside and she stood in my laundry boking again.. i decided to open the back door up and let her inside now she doesnt want to go outside at all! She is currently sitting on my couch with me

The noise she is making is not a broody cluck its more like a depressed bok, is how i can explain it.
I dont understand what has happened whilst i was at work.

Any ideas?View attachment 2515012
We had a faverolle loved her she was at the bottom of the pecking order. Maybe keep an eye on them to make sure she's not getting picked on. Our EE is currently at the bottom of the pecking order she goes to bed early and always likes to hang with me when they free range

Yeah i think there may be somthing like that going on i just looked out my back window and my farvolle is by herself whilst they are dirt bathing.

i actually have noticed that the pecking order seems a bit off
i have the leader aruacana 3years old she donks everyone and anything on the head, she even crows like a rooster somtimes
Then i have the farvolle she is supposedly 2nd in the order..( unsure of her age but got her 2 years ago fully grown)
3rd in the order is a tiny bantam (unknown breed) i have had for 5 years
Last is a silkie cross bantam whom i have had 4 years.

The thing is my farvolle lets the bottom hen donk her but wont let the 3rd in the order donk her.. so i dont know its so messed up..

I was on a waiting list for a brahma hen and the lady told me she has one and she will let me know when it is ready.. now im not to sure i know they are really shy aswel and easily heartbroken like favs.. or it could work in my favs favour and she gets a good friend? Thoughts on this aswel?

I was on a waiting list for a brahma hen and the lady told me she has one and she will let me know when it is ready.. now im not to sure i know they are really shy aswel and easily heartbroken like favs.. or it could work in my favs favour and she gets a good friend? Thoughts on this aswel?

Just 1? Adding a single bird is the toughest integration. Although you possibly could introduce this odd bird out to the newcomer first, and let them integrate together? Hard to say since there's no way to know in advance how the birds will get along.

Back
Top Bottom